Casa Milá (La Pedrera), Barcelona, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Barcelona > Casa Milá (La Pedrera)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It is a beautiful building constructed of natural stone and having very interesting shapes - trademarks of Gaudi.
There are concerts, exhibitions, galleries and museums inside Casa Mila all the time, some of them are even free, so it's always great to visit it if you are around.
My favorite part of the house are the balconies that are curved to shape plants.
Passeig de Gràcia, 92, 08008 Barcelona, Spain
Mon-Sun: 10:00 - 19:30
Recent travel tips for Barcelona
- Monument a ColonThe Monument a Colon was built in 1888 for the Universal Exhibition. As its name suggests, the monument was raised to commemorate the discovery of America and the discoverer, Christopher Columbus. It is located right at the end of las [...]D: 0.2mi10
- La PedreraMaybe it's enough if I say the name Antoni Gaudi. He was the architect of the building which gives home to many exhibitions and is a 'must see' of Barcelona. The building itself does not have one straight line, it's all like waves [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Nou CampThe home of FC Barcelona who play in La Liga (1st Division). Try to catch a football game here in this stadium of nearly 80,000, even if you're not a football fan. While visiting Barcelona, you owe it to yourself to experience their [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Parc de la CiutadellaThis great park was once a fortress damaged in 1878. Now it is a beautiful garden and home of exhibitions. The best place in Barcelona to spend a relaxing, sunny afternoon. You can find in the park museums of zoology and geology. The [...]D: 1.1mi20
- Montserrat ShrineIf you spend some time in Barcelona, you can take a one day trip to the nearby Montserrat Shrine. The monastery is one of the most popular sites for pilgrimage in Spain. The statue of the Black Madonna, or La Moreneta is the saint protector [...]D: 0.2mi10
Things about Barcelona you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
If you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour.
Public Transportation: Reaching other cities from Gythion
Pookode Lake is a scenic freshwater lake in the Wayanad district in Kerala, South India. The lake is surrounded by forests, and boating is allowed....
Sightseeing: Pookode lake
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Street markets along Christ church is a great place to get place to buy handicrafts and souvenirs. Many of these handicrafts are handmade...
Shopping: Street markets near Christ Church
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's