Wind Wolves Preserve, Bakersfield, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Bakersfield > Wind Wolves Preserve
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
You can only imagine a vast land full of purple flowers if you've seen it. It was a spectacular view, something I will never forget. We were lucky and we even saw an elk with its family, though they were too far to take good pictures. You can also have a picnic on weekends, though with advanced notice. I am glad we went to see the Preserve, it was something memorable.
16019 Maricopa Hwy, Bakersfield, CA 93311, USA
How to get there:
From Interstate 5 to Highway 166.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Bakersfield
- Kern County MuseumWhile visiting the Kern County Museum you step back in time when the early settlers came to inhabit this rich country. When the first inhabitants of Bakersfield built up their homes and tried to earn their living with farming and trade. [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Buck Owens' Crystal PalaceThere is a place in Bakersfield which is quite perfect for a special night out with your partner or your family and that is Buck Owens' Crystal Palace. Known also as a museum, with photos, guitars and other memorabilia of the country [...]D: 0.1mi00
- California Living MuseumBeing more than just a zoo with animals like roadrunners, desert cottontail, vultures, reptiles and many other birds, the California Living Museum hosts also the home of native Californian flora and fauna. Child-friendly and easily [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Murray Family FarmWe stayed only a night at Bakersfield, but when we heard about the Murray Family Farm that sell freshly picked fruits and vegetables, we just had to head over there and sample some for the road. The fruits were really delicious, it was [...]D: 17.6mi00
- Big Shoe RepairThough not one of the most major attractions of the city, the Big Shoe Repair is definitely a sight you shouldn't miss while traveling through Bakersfield. It is the perfect picture background to show off with to your friends or family. [...]D: 1.8mi00
Things about Bakersfield you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
One great place to go for breakfast in Ravensburg is the new Babiole. It's located in the city center and most people know it by now. The place is...
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
Manaslu (8156m) region trekking is renowned as one of the most beautiful natural reward in the world. Foremost days this challenging mountain was...
Outdoors Activities: Manaslu Trek Nepal, Manaslu Trek Itinerary
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
Time in a bottle is one of the many bars that is located along Serangoon garden estate. It is a very popular bar among the locals and among the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Time in a bottle (Bar)
Long Beach, California
To see the more relaxed and maybe a bit touristy side of Long Beach, Shoreline Village is the place to start. They have a wide array of unique...
Sightseeing: Shoreline Village
Washington, District Of Columbia
Visiting (at least once) the home of the famous abolitionist, Frederick Douglas when you go to DC is compulsory! It is a beautiful still well-kept...
History & Culture: Frederick Douglass Home