The Absecon Lighthouse, Atlantic City, New Jersey
Travel tips > North America > United States > Atlantic City > The Absecon Lighthouse
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
On the grounds, there is a small museum, a newly restored light-keeper's house and a gift shop. The admission to these places is free, only the climb is charged. Don't miss this opportunity, you won't regret it.
31 S Rhode Island Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401, USA
Kids $4, adults $7
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Atlantic City
- Atlantic City BoardwalkMaybe one of the most famous avenues in America (being constructed for the first time in 1870), the Atlantic City Boardwalk is both a relaxing and an exciting venue. You can stroll down to the beach, feel the rush of the ocean, and just [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Atlantic City Art CenterThough maybe not the best destination for younger kids, the Atlantic City Art Center is definitely a great place to spend some quality time, marveling on local artworks. The exhibits change monthly and many times exhibits are cultural [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Trump Taj Mahal CasinoOne of the most famous casinos of Atlantic City, the Trump Taj Mahal, named both after the multi-millionaire Donald Trump and the famous Taj Mahal of India, the casino provides entertainment at its best. The 5-star hotels offers top-notch [...]D: 0.5mi01
- Ripley's MuseumYou just cannot NOT love this amazing, hilarious and weird museum. So many strange exhibits, funny videos and logic-questioning displays are at the Ripley's Museum that your visit will definitely become memorable. No wonder they call it [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Cuba Libre RestaurantThe best place I've eaten in Atlantic City is definitely the Cuba Libre Restaurant on Pacific Avenue. The food not only looks really great and appetizing but tastes like it. The service is quick, though if they are packed, you may have [...]D: 1mi01
Things about Atlantic City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It might be bizarre to recommend a cemetery as a sight, but it's my best place in the whole city. A lot of Argentina's famous and wealthy people...
History & Culture: Recoleta Cemetery
Even the name sounds wonderful... Destillery District. The area is a group of period buildings from the late 19th century, built in Victorian style...
History & Culture: Distillery District in Toronto
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
London, United Kingdom
The Tower of London is one of the most interesting and the oldest buildings in London. You can get there with the tube, you just have to get off t...
History & Culture: The Tower
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
Wow, this place is awesome. And without an entrance fee, the Cincinnati Art Museum is one of the top things to visit while in the city. There are...
History & Culture: Cincinnati Art Museum
Corpus Christi, Texas
We were so glad we took the time to visit the Heritage Park Cultural Center. We saw some really beautiful homes, standing since the 19th century....
History & Culture: Heritage Park Cultural Center
I went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't...
Sightseeing: NASA Johnson Space Center
Key West, Florida
Ernest Hemingway, America's Noble prize-winner for literature wrote and lived in this beautiful house in the Old Town of Key West. Many of his...
History & Culture: Hemingway House in Key West