Wednesday Wind Down, Free Concerts, Atlanta, Georgia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Atlanta > Wednesday Wind Down, Free Concerts
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
It was a huge experience for me when I had the luck to go to my favorite violinists, Ken Ford’s concert on a Wednesday Wind Down event. It was my dream to see him live and when I heard he gave a free concert I just had to go. It was definitely worth it because I had so much fun! I attended some other live concerts too which were pretty amazing. I consider these events a really good idea because it gathers people, provides free entertainment and people always have fun.
265 Park Ave West N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30313-1591
The Wednesday Wind Down is from 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m., every Wednesday, from April through September. The park is open daily from 7 a.m. till 11 p.m.
How to get there:
Depends where you are driving from. If you come from the North you have to take the I-75/85 road then turn right on Baker Street; from the West you must take the I-20 road east to Spring Street, and coming from East of Atlanta you have to take the same I-20 road but this time on west to Spring Street. Go down on Marietta Street and you will notice the Green Lot either on your left or your right side.
Recent travel tips for Atlanta
- Going to Atlanta by planeGoing to Atlanta by plane? Than fly with Delta to Atlanta - they usually have very competitive rates - or choose US Airways what has got the largest market share in Atlanta. In order to get the cheapest flights also check airports nearby [...]D: n/a11
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic SiteThe site consists of several buildings that have played a large part in the childhood of Martin Luther King, and a museum chronicling the American Civil Rights Movement. You can get a brief orientation at the visitor center, but the [...]D: 11.9mi00
- Dogwood Restaurant in AtlantaAtlanta is the perfect city to sample the delights of the famous Southern Cuisine, and if you don't want to go nowhere too fancy but you still want a pinch of the upscale in your dining option, head out to Dogwood restaurant on Peachtree [...]D: 11mi00
- Underground AtlantaThe viaducts built over the many railroad tracks of Atlanta have been converted into an interesting shopping and entertainment district at the end of the 60's, although stores and speakeasies have been operating there during the Depression [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Spice Market in AtlantaSpice Market is said to be inspired by a busy street in South Asia, both concerning its looks and its menu. The restaurant is famous for its Asian fusion cuisine, and boasts of offering surprising layers of flavours and seasonings. The [...]D: 9.9mi00
Things about Atlanta you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach is home to an impressive beachfront where you can spend an entire day basking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the surrounding...
General: Jumeirah Beach is home
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Siem Reap is one of the most enchanting city in Indochina where you can enjoy peaceful nature, stunning temples of Angkor, colourful life on Tonle...
General: Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap
Visit Braila city ,Romania, an historical towm on the Danube, with a local guide -walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main...
Sightseeing: Braila city tour/Braila walking tour
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Quite close to the Alaska Center of Performing Art and the City Hall, the Orso Ristorante serve Italian food, bringing a little bit of Europe to...
Food: Orso Ristorante
Saint Paul, Minnesota
If you are spending more time in Saint Paul or the area, than you definitely have to check out the St. Croix River, even rent a house for a couple...
Sightseeing: St. Croix River