The Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Atlanta > The Fox Theatre in Atlanta
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
The theater was built to be part of a mosque, as testified by the Moorish design of the building. In the end, it became a lavish movie theater seating around 5000 people, and nowadays it is the chosen venue for the shows of the Atlanta ballet, as well as touring Broadway shows.
Some of the most interesting rooms of the former theater are the Egyptian Ballroom, inspired by the temple of Ramses II at Karnak, and the Ladies Lounge at the mezzanine.
660 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Depends on the show
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Atlanta
- World of Coca-Cola PavilionIf you are curious about the background story of the world's best known brand of sot drink, you'll get your answers at the World of Coca Cola. Not the most exciting story if you are not a hardcore Coca Cola fan, but on the bright side, [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Wednesday Wind Down, Free ConcertsIn one of the most well-known parks in Atlanta city, the Centennial Olympic Park, every Wednesday a high range of free concerts are organized under the name Wednesday Wind Down. They organize this event EVERY year from April till September [...]D: 11.7mi10
- Going to Atlanta by planeGoing to Atlanta by plane? Than fly with Delta to Atlanta - they usually have very competitive rates - or choose US Airways what has got the largest market share in Atlanta. In order to get the cheapest flights also check airports nearby [...]D: n/a11
- Craft restaurant in AtlantaCraft pride themselves on using only the best of local ingredients in all of their locations, and whether or not this is true, the Atlanta Craft does serve up some pretty spectacular food. The dishes are healthy and don't put up the [...]D: 5.4mi00
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic SiteThe site consists of several buildings that have played a large part in the childhood of Martin Luther King, and a museum chronicling the American Civil Rights Movement. You can get a brief orientation at the visitor center, but the [...]D: 11.9mi00
Things about Atlanta you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine....
Food: Casa dei Ciliegi
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Near the cave just about a 1 mile you can find a great place for camping, with grass and a little brook
General: A little camping
To feel the entertaining Austin at its best, you have to visit Sixth Street, because that's where the fun begins at night. Full of shops, bars...
Night Life & Entertainment: Sixth Street
Frank & Alberts is a place where you eat delicious food presented with creativity and care. The dishes we ordered looked so good on the plates we...
Food: Frank & Alberts in Phoenix
For a relaxed lunch or a more fun dinner, the Tuli Bistro is perfect. The whole ambiance of the place is just welcoming and you really feel good...
Food: Tuli Bistro
Virginia Beach, Virginia
On our last day in Virginia Beach we decided to have something traditional, not the local specialties so we went to Neighbor's Pizzeria because...
Food: Neighbor's Pizzeria