Petrus Grotto at Antakya, Adana, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Adana > Petrus Grotto at Antakya
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
This place is about 196 Kilometers away from Adana, and in medieval times it was called Antiochia.
All three religions can be seen in the town. The town awaits you also with a lot of remnants of the past centuries.
It´s worth a visit.
Bangkok Airport TransferReply
Recent travel tips for Turkey
- Aloran RestaurantWe just loved the food and the service at the Aloran Restaurant. Though a bit pricey, and we had quite a trouble finding the place for starters, but aside from that, the food, the atmosphere was worth it. At least for us. When we went [...]D: 0.4mi00
- The Big Statue of AttaturkWhen you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk along the beach you will find a giant statue of Attaturk that looks over a skateboard park! [...]D: n/a00
- Turkish FlavorsTaking a class with Turkish Flavors in a Turkish environment and local and foreign people is an experience we shall never forget. Our 'teacher' was knowledgeable, helpful and very innovative. We had so much fun during her classes. [...]D: 1.9mi10
- Istanbul Turkish Night Dinner ShowTURKISH NIGHT Dinner folk and belly dance show (Traditional music - dance evening - Istanbul) you will be picked up from your hotel and will transfer you to the showand at end of the show we will transfer you back to your hotel. Midnight [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Basilica CisternJust across the street from the Blue Mosque, the Basilica Cistern is a mysterious underground place that you shouldn't miss. There are very many columns lighted from under with reddish lamps, giving the whole place a bit of Gothic and [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Adana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Brisbane Hotels For This Weekend designed luxurtguest room, Deluxe, Executive Room, and Suite within the hotel features contemporary decor and...
General: Hotels For This Weekend Brisbane Hotels
Las Ramblas is basically the Champs Elysees of Barcelona and even more. You can find here everything. It is about 2 km long and is lined with...
Outdoors Activities: Las Ramblas
Henley On Thames, United Kingdom
Make sure you have a whole day for the amazing River and Rowing Museum if you are in Henley on Themes or in the area. It is very large and has many...
Outdoors Activities: For the Whole Family
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
Kansas City, Missouri
Dedicated to commercial planes, 'conies', the Airline History Museum has quite many interesting facts to offer to plane-freaks, airline...
History & Culture: Airline History Museum
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature