Pasadena Sights and Landmarks Guide, Texas
The city of Pasadena in the State of Texas has several things to boast when it comes to attractive sights. Tourists can choose to visit historical sites or have a tour around the different recreational sites. Pasadena Sights are indeed one thing you should watch out for when you are around the area.
Pasadena Sights - Historical
The city of Pasadena has a rich historical background. The documentation of the city’s heritage can be seen through the different museums and landmarks that have become popular tourist spots of Pasadena.
· Pasadena Historical Museum. This museum displays exhibits of the history of Pasadena through collections of photographs, maps, and other printed materials. It also has a library exclusive for scholars and staff. In addition to this, the place has a gift shop. One of the best features of this museum is its accessibility to wheelchairs. It is open during Wednesdays until Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm.
· Battleship Texas Museum. This is the first battleship memorial museum in the country. It was established in 1948 during the anniversary of the Independence of the state of Texas. It is one of the main attractions located at the San Jacinto State Park.
· San Jacinto Monument and San Jacinto Museum of History. This monument was created to commemorate the heroes of the Battle of San Jacinto. Built in the late 1930’s, San Jacinto Monument towers at 570 feet and is considered as the world’s tallest stone column memorial according to the Guinness Book of World Records. The museum located inside the monument houses hundreds of important historical documents, images and artifacts. Some of these date back 400 years ago.
Pasadena Sights - Recreational
The city puts pride on its outdoor sights which are not only intended for leisure. These Pasadena Sights are venues for people to learn about the life and culture of the place as well.
· Armand Bayou Nature Center. This park is the biggest urban wilderness preserve in the country. It houses over 370 species of animals. Several of the must-see attractions in this park are the butterfly gardens, forest and prairie.
· Pasadena Convention Center and Fairgrounds. This is where most of the events in the city take place. It has a wide area consisting of 40,000 square feet of indoor space, 63,000 square feet of covered outdoor space, and 100 acres of fairgrounds.
· Baywood Country Club. This place is a popular golf area. Aside from that, people can also have a countryside experience which is made more exciting by spotting a family of deer.
These Pasadena Sights are definitely commemorative of the events that took place in its culture. You will undeniably remember the city for these wonderful tourist spots. Be delighted to take a tour around the area.
Pasadena Travel Guide
Things about Pasadena you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read our members' reviews about Pasadena
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Pasadena
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.