High Point Travel Guide, North Carolina
High point, NC US - Overview: Land of Furniture
Highpoint is one of the rarest cities, which is equally famous for its historical heritage, places of attraction and nightlife. Known as the ‘Land of Furniture’ this city is also very famous for its furniture that it creates and exports.
In 1859, the city was incorporated and in 1889, furniture industry started making a market for them. In the same year, they also started exporting the same and very soon, their industry flourished due to availability of lumber and market. It was until a couple of years back when a transportation tunnel was opened by virtue of which every event and showroom could be shuttled by the visitors. The online marketing tool added to their website allowed visitors to select their places of choice and necessity at a quicker rate.
High Point is a one-stop destination for visitors. Visitors are offered a diverse range of spots, which include museums, amusement parks, and other historical places of interest. You might spend the whole day in the city, still it will be difficult for you to enjoy all of them.
· Museum of Old Domestic Life: The Museum of Old Domestic Life is more than just an archive of the way life was spent in the earliest days of Highpoint. It prides itself on being the collector of largest number of southern dolls.
· Rosetta Baldwin Museum: The Rosetta Baldwin Museum is created to pay homage to the Afro-American community, that has done a lot for the city of High Point.
· High Point Museum: The High Point Museum explores the commerce, history and industry of the city and the proceeds collected from the onsite shop are donated towards the developmental programs initiated by the authorities of the museum. It consists of history of the city, which has captured the images and stories of working individuals.
· Hall of Commerce & Jamestown Rifles: The Hall of Commerce displays the spirit of local business that the city is proud of and the Jamestown Rifles displays the historic rifles.
And what you will find even more amazing about the city is that it starts another day when the twilight appears. Very famous for its nightlife, this city never sleeps. Even in the off season, the bars remain crowded with the local university students and the tourists coming from across the globe.
So, be a part of the wonderful atmosphere prevailing in the Land of Furniture and enjoy your vacation to the maximum!
Things about High Point you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read our members' reviews about High Point
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about High Point
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
- faredepot.com$168American AirlinesInbound
Philadelphia, PA (PHL) → High Point, NC (GSO)
12/14/2016 11:35 amOutbound
High Point, NC (GSO) → Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
12/28/2016 09:28 am
- faredepot.com$172United AirlinesInbound
Chicago, IL (ORD) → High Point, NC (GSO)
10/25/2016 06:00 amOutbound
High Point, NC (GSO) → Chicago, IL (ORD)
11/02/2016 02:05 pm
- faredepot.com$223United AirlinesInbound
Phoenix, AZ (PHX) → High Point, NC (GSO)
11/08/2016 12:45 amOutbound
High Point, NC (GSO) → Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
11/15/2016 05:19 pm