Abu Dabi Sights and Landmarks Guide, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi is one of the most modern cities in the world today. It boasts a lot of architectural buildings that are truly fresh and contemporary. It is regarded as one of the largest cities in the United Arab Emirates.
Abu Dhabi is rich with high-rise buildings. Each of these buildings can already be considered tourists spots and cultural landmarks as well.
· Emirates Palace. This building is a hotel and a center for conferences. However, it is more than a commercial place because Emirates Palace is one of the most famous landmarks in the city. People who have not checked into the hotel but want to spend time on the gardens and hotel grounds can do so without any charge. It also conducts regular art exhibits.
· Sheikh Zayed Mosque. This religious site is considered the third largest mosque in the world. It is made up of marble, gold and silver. It is also the only mosque in the country that can be visited by people who do not belong to the Islam religion.
· Heritage Village. This living museum displays the Bedouin lifestyle and tradition. It shows how the life in Abu Dhabi was before the emergence of high-rise buildings. Some of the places that you can visit are the museums, workshops for pottery and glass making, and the ancient irrigation system.
· Cultural Foundation. This place is a home to the National Archives, National Library, and the Institute of Culture and Art. It is considered the cultural center of Abu Dhabi.
Tourists can visit refreshing and attractive outdoor sights of Abu Dhabi. Among the long list of options you have are:
· Dhow Harbor and Iranian Souk. Tourists can visit this place during sunset and watch the magnificent sight of the dhows returning from the sea. People can also go to the Iranian souk where they can buy plants and house wares. The only thing that might turn visitors off is the fact that picture taking is not permitted in the port area.
· Kalifa Park. This place is ideal for people who are looking forward to a relaxing or fun-filled day. Visitors can gaze at the grand avenue which has a magnificent landscape, go to the maritime museum, have a time tunnel ride, or have fun in the theme park.
· Lulu Island. This wonderful island is man-made. Tourists can just admire the view or have a swim in the pool or the beach.
· Hiltonia Beach Club. This place is the best beach club in Abu Dhabi. It even accepts people who are not guests in the hotel. The beach club offers various water sports such as water skiing, snorkeling, wind surfing, kayaking and fishing.
Abu Dhabi’s historical heritage is indeed supported by the attractions found in the city. You will truly feel a different atmosphere with its infrastructures that depict the industrialization of the area. Take time to enjoy all these sights.
Things about Abu Dabi you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read our members' reviews about Abu Dabi
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Abu Dabi
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.