Legazpi Travel Guide, Philippines
Welcome to the City of Smiles and Wonders!
The city of Legazpi, also spelled Legaspi, is the best place to go and see if you want to have a peek of or climb the famous Mayon Volcano. Legazpi City is a lively urban place with major access roads. One of them is the Rizal Street that links the port area to Albay. This main street is the place where nice restaurants are usually found. The city itself is a major tourist attraction in the Bicol Region.
The Cagsawa Ruins are a particular sight that is definitely worth coming to. This historical edifice is the unnatural ruin of a church which was destroyed and buried during the distressing eruption of Mayon Volcano way back in the year 1814.
The perfect time to visit Cagsawa Ruins is at dawn, the clouds move in and vague the view of the majestic volcano. This tourist attraction can be reached after a 15 minutes drive towards the west. That means that you need to board a jeepney from Guinobatan then request the driver to drop you off the intersection going to the ruins. You will not miss the big stone landmark going to the historic Cagsawa Ruins. Other places worth visiting are:
1. Cagsawa National Museum, open from Monday to Saturday at 8:00 -11:30am and 1:00 - 4:30pm. It contains exhibits of Mayon Volcano and other volcanoes.
2. A great place to view Mayon Volcano is in Kupuntukan Hill right at the port area of the city.
3. Victory Village, along this area of the Kapuntukan Hill, is a busy fish market. A delightfully rural village constructed on stilts along the black-sand bay.
Legazpi airport is found 3 km northwest of the center. The bus station at Tahao Road accommodates different bus companies serving different destinations in the region to Manila. The visitors or tourist information office is where you can get info on a climb on Mayon. The staff will help you access transportation, guide and gear. Banks are also located here if you need to get some cash.
Among the well-known on-the-budget guesthouses where most tourists booked to stay are:
1. Legazpi Tourist Inn, modern and sanitary dwelling located at Lapu-Lapu Street.
2. Casablanca Hotel, a well-liked mid-range hotel with its relaxing coffee shop. Here you can also lodge
3. Pepperland Hotel, just 2 to 3 minutes from the airport, in fact you can just walk towards it right after disembarking from your plane. It offers a good place to stay as well as nightly entertainment. Food here is also superb and affordable.
The apartelles and restaurants along Albay District are also excellent picks for a night-stay with their amenities such as whirlpool baths, pools, internet access, air-conditioned rooms, TV, phone and a shower. The picturesque little cafes in Old Albay and Legazpi are popular meeting places that serve average and special meals, Filipino food, Oriental cuisine and so much more. It is up for you to choose which one best suits your appetite. One good thing is that these establishments offer not only appetizing foods but also affordable ones.
So when you are in Legazpi, have a limitless time - spend it by visiting its tourist attractions, it will surely make your visit to the city a memorable one.
Things about Legazpi you may be interested in
HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.
Read our members' reviews about Legazpi
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Legazpi
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.