travelgrove Travel Guides
 
 

Isla Mujeres Map, Mexico

If you feel like you need some help to find your way in your destination city, you are in the right place. This Isla Mujeres Map will certainly help you to seek out the best restaurants, clubs and sights in town. You want to know what is the best place for a walk? Or what you should be watching out for during your visit? Learn more about the best things to do in the city reading our travel tips and then get around in Isla Mujeres with Travelgrove's map. While searching for places, you can also check some cheap flights or deals or you can take a look at our user's galleries about the city. We hope you will find our city map of Isla Mujeres useful. Enjoy your trip and come back to share your travel experience about Isla Mujeres!

Isla Mujeres Travel Guide

Situated somewhere in the north eastern coast of Yucatan Peninsula, Isla Mujeres is actually the name of an island on which the town of Isla Mujeres is located. Quintana Roo is a state in Mexico which is divided into eight municipalities and the island of Isla Mujeres is one of those eight municipalities. The meaning of this name is Island of Women. The island of Isla Mujeres is famous amongst those tourists who do not... read more

Isla Mujeres History

For the coming three centuries not much human intervention was done by humans into this island and mostly the pirates or the fishermen used to arrive on this island for short periods as resting point. Many pirates used to leave their females in this island for safety and you will surely hear many tales saying that they also buried their stolen money into the beaches of this island itself. Some very famous pirates like... read more

Isla Mujeres Sightseeing

Mundaca Pirate’s Fortress is a must see fort which was built many years back under the supervision of a famous pirate who was called by the name of Fermin Mundaca de Marechaga. He was amongst the rare pirates who were actually very successful during their times. During his rule it is said that Fermin Mundaca de Marechaga used to cover over 40 percent of this island. The rest 60 percent was under the control of other... read more

Isla Mujeres Nightlife

La Malquerida is one of the most elegant bars that you will find in this city of Isla Mujeres. The various corners of the bar have been decorated with antique items like pots and lanterns. The collection of various colors like mahogany red, pale blue, and fuchsia gives the walls a awesome look which you will love to watch. Softly lit lights, handwritten proverbs on different walls, and modern art paintings give the bar... read more

Things about Isla Mujeres you may be interested in

 
 
There are no up to date travel tips for Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Be the first to post one.
Note: You may write a tip about any destination you like. This will help users who eventually plan on traveling there.
 
 
  
 
   Welcome to Travelgrove  register tell a friend bookmark it 
 
 
*