Hamburg Sights and Landmarks Guide, Germany
In Germany, Hamburg is a well-known tourist destination. Over 150,000 individuals come to Hamburg every day. The city presents an exceptional multiplicity of sightseeing and entertainment, for example, there is the theatre scene and new music in St. Pauli, the State Opera and Ballet and there are renowned musicals like Cats or Phantom of the Opera, admired festivities including the Port Anniversary and the Dom, as well as Hamburg's well-famous Oktoberfest, and the Alstervergnügen.
· Hagenbecks Tierpark. This is the first zoo in the world to introduce an open air enclosure. It is located in Hamburg, known as the Carl Hagenbecks Tierpark. It is open all year round and visited by approximately one million people every year.
· Planetarium. This is the most advanced planetarium in the world. It is found in Hamburg’s inner park, Stadtpark. It shows the night sky through the biggest dome in whole Europe with 21 meters in diameter.
· Fishmarkt, Hamburg. It is Hamburg’s weekly event at the Altona’s waterfront. Find yourself in this remarkable hubbub. It’s got fish, bananas, huge potted plants and a lot more.
· Museum of Ethnology or Hamburgisches Museum für Völkerkunde. It adheres to its motto 'One roof - many cultures.' The astonishing museum shows not just exhibitions but festivals, concerts and lectures, too.
· Hamburg Art Museum or Hamburg Kunsthalle. At the Hamburger Kunsthalle, experience the masterpieces of artists Caspar David Friedrich, Meister Francke, Philipp Otto Runge, Beckmann, Beuys, Manet and others. The newly-constructed extension now becomes the residence of contemporary art section.
· Chilehaus. It is Hamburg’s very famous building in terms of architectural past. Designed by Expressionist architect Fritz Höger, it is like a prow of a massive ocean liner.
· Speicherstadt. It is a late 19th century area on the waterfront with its tall, ornate warehouses that belong to a long-gone era, yet it still shows usefulness. It is a thrilling place to roam around and interlace the bridges. It has the same flamboyance like Venice or Amsterdam on sunny days.
· St. Michaelis Church. It is the city’s cultural attraction, also known as Michel which contains the largest tower clock all over Germany’s Federal Republic. The tower clock measures 24 meters in circumference - the hands are 3.65 and 4.91 meters long. The Michel is a very significant baroque-designed church in North Germany and the third St. Michaelis Church since the early two churches turned ruined by the fire that broke out in 1906 and 1750.
· St. Jakobi Church. This remarkable church was built using Gothic hall design.
· St. Petri Curch. This is the oldest church in the center.
· Museum of Hamburg History or Museum für Hamburgische Geschichte. In this museum, you will find exhibits regarding science, art, music, trading, shipping and a lot more.
· Museum of Harburg Archeology and History or Helms-Museum. Hamburger Museum für Archäologie und die Geschichte Harburgs was established by senator August Helms. He founded first a museum-club in 1898 to open the very first archeological museum in the place. Right after that, the museum extended a lot.
· Reeperbahn. Although it’s a part of red light district, it can be your finest place to visit for an enjoyable night-life.
· Japanese Garden. It is found in the park areas of 'Planten un Blomen.' It’s Europe’s biggest garden.
· Museum der Arbeit or Museum of Labour and Technology is another great place to visit.
Things about Hamburg you may be interested in
Read our members' reviews about Hamburg
- Hamburg has a lot to offer
review by Wazling posted more then 30 days ago
Last time i have been at Hamburg, i havent had much time, but you could see, that thecity has got much to offer. A lot of shops in the inner city and you can find everywhere a place to sit down and enjoy a coffe. Also a wide variety of restaurants and bars are located there. If you like playing,...
Read our members' travel tips about Hamburg
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
- cheapoair.com$554Tap airwaysInbound
Chicago, IL (ORD) → Hamburg, DE (HAM)
02/19/2020 06:20 pmOutbound
Hamburg, DE (HAM) → Chicago, IL (ORD)
03/04/2020 06:00 am
- cheapoair.com$582Swiss International Air LinesInbound
San Francisco, CA (SFO) → Hamburg, DE (HAM)
10/30/2019 08:50 pmOutbound
Hamburg, DE (HAM) → San Francisco, CA (SFO)
11/13/2019 11:05 am
- flyfar.ca$679Multiple AirlinesInbound
Las Vegas, NV (LAS) → Hamburg, DE (HAM)
12/03/2019 09:45 amOutbound
Hamburg, DE (HAM) → Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
12/10/2019 10:30 am