travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Are You Interest in Shaolin Temple?

Forum > Asia > China > Zhengzhou  
ccts
posted by ccts on 15 Jan 2009
Are You Interest in Shaolin Temple?
Located at the Northern foot of the Shaoshi Mountain, 100 kilometers away from Zhengzhou, Henan Province, the Shaolin Temple is cradle of China's Shaolin Kung Fu. Covering an area of 30.000 square kilometers, the Shaolin Temple is magnificent with unique ancient buildings including Temple Gate, Abbot's room, Dmou Booth, Tianwang Hall, Daxiong Great Hall and Buddhism Founder's Hall, ect.

In the west of the temple down the hill scatter the forest of pagodas which is the largest one of its kind in China, in the total of 230 pagodas. These ancient pagodas were the tombs of deceased Buddhist abbots of the temple. With elegance designs and skillful stone craving, this pagodas are in different styles vary from the age of construction. It is a must-visited attraction.

What attracts the tourists streaming into the Shaolin Temple, in my opinion, is the famous Shaolin Kung Fu which obtained its great reputation during the Sui and Tang dynasties (581-907). Today the Shaolin Kung Fu is still obsessed by many enthusiasts of martial arts. The movie" Shaolin Temple" displaying the prominent Shaolin Kung Fu has drawn widely attention around the world and makes people fantastic with Chinese Kung Fu. I like the Kung Fu performance very much and the breathtaking Kung Fu actions make me this moment hold breath and the next moment can't help to shout cheers.

Why do you like the Shaolin Temple? Which part of the temple do you like best? Why don't you share your opinions or interesting experience with friends in this forum?

http://www.cctsbeijing.com
E-mail: Tourinfo@cctsbeijing.com
MSN:Maozedong_XL@hotmail.com

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Other topics from ccts Replies Views Last Post
ccts Travel in China - The Sanlitun Bar Street
by ccts on 3 Jan 09 (inside Beijing) Sanlitun Bar Street is one of the most charming entertainment areas for night life. Numerous foreigners and rich Chinese are the main customers. It is…
0 648 ccts
3 Jan 09 >>
ccts Simple Guide of Beijing
by ccts on 6 Jan 09 (inside Beijing) Beijing is always the first destination for travelers. I am glad to tell you that Beijing will be really a surprise to you.
There are…
7 1443 joem
17 Aug 11 >>
ccts The Reasons of Traveling in China
by ccts on 12 Jan 09 (inside China) Recently, the tourism industry of China is booming. More and more people list China as their tourist destination. Why do you want to have a…
2 404 itachan
6 Dec 12 >>
ccts Do You Like Ancient Water Towns in China?
by ccts on 13 Jan 09 (inside China) Far away from the hustle and bustle of modern city, the ancient towns display idyllic landscapes and secluded tranquility to you. Being famous for its…
0 850 ccts
13 Jan 09 >>
ccts Have You Ever Been to Xian
by ccts on 5 Feb 09 (inside Xian) I am very interest in the six ancient capitals in China. I have been to five other ancient capitals: Luoyang, Kaifeng, Beijing, Nanjing and Hangzhou.…
1 703 welt-raiser
10 Jun 11 >>
Recent activity from ccts
ccts started the topic Four Skills to Save on your Travel Budget
Travel Budget is the first things you need to consider when you have a plan to travel. If you know about some skills, money can…
ccts started the topic Have You Ever Been to Xian
I am very interest in the six ancient capitals in China. I have been to five other ancient capitals: Luoyang, Kaifeng, Beijing, Nanjing and Hangzhou.…
ccts started the topic Do You Like Ancient Water Towns in China?
Far away from the hustle and bustle of modern city, the ancient towns display idyllic landscapes and secluded tranquility to you. Being famous for its…
ccts started the topic The Reasons of Traveling in China
Recently, the tourism industry of China is booming. More and more people list China as their tourist destination. Why do you want to have a…
ccts added a new post in the topic Simple Guide of Beijing
There are many english signs in Beijing, Please don't worry about it.
In fact, there are not many people can understand and speak english very well.…

Things about Zhengzhou you might be interested in

Zhengzhou Travel Guide

Zhengzhou Nightlife

+ list your site here

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers