travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Halong Bay in Vietnam

Forum > Asia > Vietnam  
Xuka
posted by Xuka on 31 Aug 2011
Halong Bay in Vietnam
I had a chance to visit Halong Bay in Vietnam and Halong Bay is the best. It is one of world's natural wonders and is one of the top tourist attractions in Vietnam. I always vote for this beautiful landscape. It is a true paradise with great diversity of ecosystems including coral reefs, freshwater swamp forests, mangrove forest, small freshwater lakes, and sandy beaches. There are also many beautiful grottos and caves with interesting stone formations and hidden ponds such as Hung Sung Sot Cave, Thien Cung grotto, Virgin Cave...
To have such exciting feeling like that, i have to thank Viet Vision Travel Company which provided that tour package and offer me the best service such as friendly local tour guide, best hotels in Vietnam and i rally had a chance on a Halong Bay cruise, it is great, i really felt pleased. Hope that I can come back Halong bay in the near future!

sushikedvenc
sushikedvenc responded to Halong Bay in Vietnam on 31 Aug 2011
How much time did you spend there and what did your tour include?

Belinda
Belinda responded to Halong Bay in Vietnam on 31 Aug 2011
I have heard that Vietnam is beautiful. May I ask how much did you pay for the tour and for how long did it take?

sushikedvenc
sushikedvenc responded to Halong Bay in Vietnam on 31 Aug 2011
If I ever went to Vietnam, I would go with a backpack and alone or with some friends, that the best way to get the essence of the country and find the best places that are hidden from a lot of tour guided visitors -and it's much cheaper also. :P

Xuka
Xuka responded to Halong Bay in Vietnam on 5 Sep 2011
Hi, sushikedvenc and Belinda! I have three days for HALONG BAY & CAT BA ISLAND tour in Vietnam. It was great! Within 3 day trip, this trip will allow me to experience in different feeling and activities such as: relax, sightseeing great landscape, swimming and kayaking to explore lagoon on crystal water, especially daily life of local people who live on floating villages tin Halong Bay & Cat Ba and I also have chance to explore Cat Ba Island & Cat Ba National Park Day 1 Hanoi - Ha Long (overnight on Junk Cruise) This morning we will depart Hanoi at 8.00am for a four-hour drive through the Red River Delta to Halong City. On the way, we will stop for refreshments and a chance to buy hand-made souvenirs at a handicraft center run to raise money for disabled people. Upon arriving in Ha Long City, take all stuff we move to our junk, check in private cabin with A/C, following fresh sea lunch while boat cruising (we took Paradise cruise with the price of from $200) through amazing landscape of cliff stone mountains emerge from green crystal water, spend the afternoon time for visiting biggest cave, swimming, relaxing at the beach other enjoy kayaking to explore lagoon, dinner and overnight on boat. Day 2 Ha Long Bay - Cat Ba Island After breakfast we check out our cabin move transit boat enjoy almost a full day on the calm waters of Ha Long Bay to explore Ha Long Bay and Lan Ha bay with thousands of lime-stone mountains. In the afternoon we arrive in Cat Ba Island. Our vehicle is waiting for us in the wharf; we transfer to the hotel and relax. Or we spend our time at the beautiful beach on the island. Day 3 Cat Ba Island - Hai Phong - Hanoi After having breakfast we visit the Cat Ba National Park with the old Military Hospital cave that was used by the North Vietnamese Army during the American war. We will return to Cat Ba Township before boarding on speed boat for more an hour riding to Vietnam’s largest sea port and third largest city, Hai Phong. Arriving in Hai Phong we transfer to our waiting vehicle for the two hour drive back to Hanoi. It was great trip! I really want to have more chance like that! For more detail, you can look in: http://www.vietvisiontravel.com/tour/pgid/25/aid/530/

rambo
rambo responded to Halong Bay in Vietnam on 16 Apr 2012
Ha Long Bay is a very famous landscape of Vietnam. It’s called “A tourist paradise”.
Come to Ha Long, you not only have a good time to relax but also gaze and discover wonderful huge pictures given by nature.
Therefore, Ha Long Bay is considered to be the World Heritage site in 1997 and 2004.
Ha Long is located in Quang Ninh province.
Legend said that a huge dragon and its children descended there to help the Vietnamese fight against the Northern invaders. After the victory, these dragons decided to stay with the local people. Since then this area has been called the “descending dragon.”
Ha Long is one of the most spectacular sceneries in Vietnam, it looks like a paradise due to its charm and beauty with beautiful limestone for marions, rock arches, clean water, beautiful scenery, strange caves, peaceful small is land, straight cliffs, strip of white powdery sand and thousands of limestone islets. With its 3000 island on an area of 1.500km rising from the cry stall line emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin, the Ha Long has been a major attraction for tourists and film makers. It is one of the natural wonders of Vietnam. Visiting Ha Long Bay, you will see and discover many well – known caves with beautiful stalactites and stalagmites. They are magnificent. Among these caves are Thien Cung cave, Dau Go cave and Trinh Nu cave.
Vietnamese people are proud of Ha Long Bay. Visiting Ha Long Bay we feel our selves so little beforebreath taking scene. Come to Ha Long, you will have a chance to see and enjoy the unique natural master piece.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Visa on arrival Sightseeing in Vietnam

Recent Topics in Vietnam Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
kenguide Hotel recommendation for my upcoming Hanoi trip
by kenguide on 28 Aug 12 (inside Vietnam) Hi there!
I’m going to take a business trip to meet my partners in Hanoi. I need some help in finding some prestigious and high qualified…
4 22 Bluesky
12 Nov 12 >>
vstquanghiep Top 10 tourist places in Vietnam
by vstquanghiep on 23 Aug 12 (inside Vietnam) According to me, the top 10 places are
1 Once again, one of Seven Wonders of World, the place of dragon which is an awe…
4 111 jessicazones
19 Feb 13 >>
seovnts Do Son Buffalo Fighting Festival Vietnam
by seovnts on 13 Jun 12 (inside Vietnam) Do Son Buffalo Fighting Festival, Vietnam, is held every year on the 9th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar. It is one…
4 80 Latika
29 Jun 12 >>
annathao81 Why Vietnam?
by annathao81 on 11 May 12 (inside Vietnam) 1. It's a new place. It's not touristy like in Thailand and many places you go, people go stunned by your appearance.
2. It's safe and…
5 47 annathao81
5 Feb 13 >>
seovnts Sightseeing in Vietnam
by seovnts on 26 Apr 12 (inside Vietnam) Captivating natural beauty, tranquil villages, serene lakes, ancient pagodas, beautiful lakes and what not, Vietnam is a place that bounds to attract tourists from all…
5 32 cristina
27 May 12 >>
vietnamstay Visa on arrival
by vietnamstay on 30 Aug 11 (inside Vietnam) HOW DO YOU GET VIETNAM VISA?
Visa on Arrival is most likely the easiest way to obtain your visa without having to chase down embassies, consulates…
1 41 juliamorvane
24 May 12 >>
annathao08 where to stay in hanoi with kid?
by annathao08 on 14 Aug 11 (inside Vietnam)
2 99 anhhao
6 Sep 11 >>
olardo Halong Bay – A Prime Destination on Vietnam Tour
by olardo on 17 Jul 11 (inside Vietnam) Halong Bay, one of the World Heritage Sites is a great scenic destination that has been attracting numerous tourists including celebrities over years. It is…
2 100 JWentworth
21 Jul 11 >>
hackermatrix Hot promotion at Diamond Bay Resort Nha Trang in Viet Nam
by hackermatrix on 14 Jul 11 (inside Vietnam) Special voucher at Diamond Bay Resort Nha Trang in Viet Nam

With $200/voucher included :
- 3 days 2 nights at Garden Deluxe room for 2…
0 47 hackermatrix
14 Jul 11 >>
jessica171 Coming to Vietnam and stop KITI Restaurant
by jessica171 on 13 May 10 (inside Vietnam) I have just come back home from Vietnam which is a small lovely country. I had travelled there for three weeks. I went to famous…
0 223 jessica171
13 May 10 >>
Other topics from Xuka Replies Views Last Post
Xuka have you been join in home stay tour?
by Xuka on 11 Aug 11 (inside Special Destinations) Do it has more advantage and exciting?
2 41 Xuka
18 Aug 11 >>
Xuka Could anybody tell me the best hotel in Bangkok?
by Xuka on 17 Aug 11 (inside Air Travel) Could anybody tell me the best hotel in Bangkok?
8 153 Siddhesh_Gawde
21 May 12 >>
Xuka best hotels in Vietnam
by Xuka on 18 Aug 11 (inside Hotels) Phu Quoc Island is a great relaxing paradise for beach vacation in Vietnam. Located in south-west coast near the Gulf of Thailand, the beauty largest…
7 241 kentnguyen
10 Oct 12 >>
Recent activity from Xuka
Xuka added a new post in the topic Budget hotel in Hanoi
You can find a lot of best hotels in Hanoi here: http://www.vietvisiontravel.com/vietnam/hotels/hanoi/
Xuka added a new post in the topic Could anybody tell me the best hotel in Bangkok?
Yeap, may be bodget hotels, I will search more. Thanks for your message!
Xuka added a new post in the topic have you been join in home stay tour?
Experience a home stay in the northern part of Vietnam, biking in the rural area of the Red River Delta, mixing with friendly local people…
Xuka started the topic best hotels in Vietnam
Phu Quoc Island is a great relaxing paradise for beach vacation in Vietnam. Located in south-west coast near the Gulf of Thailand, the beauty largest…
Xuka started the topic Could anybody tell me the best hotel in Bangkok?
Could anybody tell me the best hotel in Bangkok?

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it