travelgrove travel forums

Forum

10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA

Forum > North America > United States  
afiluddinbd
posted by afiluddinbd on 5 Feb 2012
10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA
As one of the largest and most diverse countries in the world, The United States boast an amazing amount of tourist destinations ranging from the skyscrapers of New York and Chicago, the natural wonders of Yellowstone and Alaska to the sunny beaches of California, Florida and Hawaii. With so many tourist attractions it'™s tempting to list entire cities or even states, but in this top 10 I have tried to focus on specific attractions.

1. Grand Canyon
2. Manhattan
3. Yellowstone
4. Golden Gate Bridge
5. Niagara Falls
6. Kilauea
7. Florida Keys
8. Las Vegas Strip
9. Denali National Park
10. White House

windykaty
windykaty responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 5 Feb 2012
This are all amazing, I've never been to the US but I'd love to go one day, it's such an amazing country!

Johan
Johan responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 5 Feb 2012
Yes, these are the most popular attractions as well, but I would much rather hike through the Appalachian trail, see the Northern Lights in Alasks or spend some weeks in a fishing town on the shore of the Atlantic.

Ivan
Ivan responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 13 Feb 2012
Yellowstone is my absolute favorite destinations. But the rest of your list is also amazing. :)

henryka_marks
henryka_marks responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 16 Feb 2012
Great .. Like your posting about attractions of USA.

Rashidindia
Rashidindia responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 16 Feb 2012
nice.. I like this place and thanks for sharing top ten destination in USA because my next plan is USA Trip.

thanks

jeffmarshall
jeffmarshall responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 20 Feb 2012
Grand Canyon Park
Times Square
Historic San Antonio
Temple Square
San Diego
Door County
Marconi Beach
Cannon Beach
Tampa
Wisconsin Dells

Hello Rashidindia...
If your next plan is USA Trip then why not went Mexico

jonssmith3
jonssmith3 responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 2 Mar 2012
10 top picks that should be on your travel radar in 2012:

1. US Virgin Islands

In a year when travelers are apt to still be watching their wallets, this is our #1 choice for an American tropical getaway. It’s eternally 80 degrees, rimmed with white-sand beaches on turquoise water, and, yes, it’s a US territory. Each of the US Virgin Islands has their own identity: if you want a break from resorts, St John is nearly two-thirds a lush national park with tent cabins amid trees and hikes to secluded beaches – this sadly may be the last year for the Maho Bay Camps, a long-standing eco-resort which is the place to stay if you’re watching your budget; or try the St John Inn which offers great-value rooms with kitchenettes. For more action, the previously inaccessible Hassel Island, now part of Virgin Islands National Park (St Thomas), can be explored by snorkel or kayak. And word is that the Captain Morgan Rum Distillery on St. Croix will open its new visitor center in spring 2012 – ahoy!

2. Hudson River Valley, New York

It should be a given that any visitor to New York City breaks for a day or two ‘upstate’ in the Hudson River Valley, a slice of rural Americana just north. It’s a real city break, with leafy drives, wineries and plenty of farm-to-table foodie options that draw even spoiled-for-choice Manhattanites away from the city. A favorite spot to stay is straight out of a B-52s video. No surprise. It’s former ‘52 singer Kate Pierson’s Lazy Meadow, a renovated ‘50s cabin complex near Woodstock designed by the same pals who did up the ‘Love Shack’ for the video.

3. Cincinnati, Ohio

Seen Cincy lately? The pretty city on the Ohio River – off the main cross-country interstates – gets bypassed by many road trippers, but it’s quietly transformed itself in the last decade into a worthy weekend getaway. Life centers around the river – much which can be seen by foot: river walkways are best on the Kentucky side, reached via a couple bridges including John Roebling’s Suspension Bridge (a prequel to his famous Brooklyn Bridge). Narrow, twisting (and steep) brick roads of the Mt Adams district lead past 19th-century Victorian townhouses and the free Cincinnati Art Museum, while the once-dangerous, emerging Over-the-Rhine, just north of downtown, is home to the Findlay Market and a sprawling collection of historic Italianate architecture. Best, though, is the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, open since 2004, on the banks of the river where many slaves escaped to freedom in the 19th century.

4. Four Corners Region, Southwest USA

The most popular attractions of the four states sharing a border in the southwest – Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah – typically cluster away from the four corners, but this underappreciated region is a geologic, archeological wonderland. Even with a 100-mile radius, you can see the sandstone towers of Arizona’s Monument Valley, Hollywood stars in their own right, seen on a 17-mile loop or by Navajo-led walks – pop into one of Utah’s national parks, see Colorado’s Mesa Verde’s abandoned cliff dwellings on self-guided walks, then straddle all four states at once.

5. Culebra, Puerto Rico

Looking for a beach? Don’t forget Puerto Rico, just a short hop from the US mainland. The island is rimmed with great beaches, but the best – and still a secret to most visitors – is the world-class Playa Flamenco, on wee, offbeat, laid-back island of Culebra, 17 miles off Puerto Rico’s mainland. Reached by ferry or flight, Culebra is great for beach-hopping, snorkeling or hikes in a wildlife refuge. You can find beachside apartments for $150/night, including Villa Flamenco Beach, while the personable, cheaper Palmetto Guesthouse offers free water-sports gear.

6. California Gold Country

Tahoe and Yosemite gets all the mountain love in California, but an hour closer to San Francisco (and cheaper and less crowded) is Gold Country. Towns that ooze century-old ambience are strung out like throw-back pearls along Hwy 49, a fun drive that passes stops like Jamestown’s historic train, a tiny gold town called Volcano (with no volcano), wineries (some even consider the region a contender to Napa and Sonoma), caves, gold-panning spots and a good overnight choice: the artsy town of Nevada City. Winter is also a treat with snow parks for kids and Bear Valley for hard-core winter sports – plus there’s sledding options galore. That’s how the locals do it.

7. Boulder, Colorado

The university town of Boulder is one of the most livable cities in US. Locals live with a mad crush on the outdoors, and adventure can be found at every turn. Main roads are filled with cyclists, except for the bustling ped-only Pearl St Mall lined with shops and great eateries and brewpubs. There’s also a bike path along Boulder Creek, which gets filled with tubers in summer. The Royal Arch Trail is a two-hour hike though a challenging red-rock canyon in town. And, in winter, don’t overlook Nederland’s goofy Frozen Dead Guy festival, 17 miles west.

8. Hawai’i: The Big Island

For too long, ‘Hawai’i’ has meant Honolulu, but a rise in direct flights from the US mainland to Kona, on the Big Island, mean the draw of this magical place has never been easier. Plan to stay as long as you can, considering its wide variety of attractions: Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, Kealakekua Bay snorkeling, hikes into caves and waterfalls along the lava field at Hilina Pai, or just bumming on the island’s best beach at Hapuna.

9. Chicago

Chicago’s going to be busy in 2012, with G8 and NATO summits based here – though the main attraction lies outside politics. Instead, occupy the Magnificent Mile! Chicago has incredible art offerings at places like the Art Institute and Millennium Park, some of the country’s best restaurants and world-class festivals like Lollapalooza and Taste of Chicago. And the Obamas’ old neighborhood on the south side – Hyde Park – is seeing more visitors for its lakeside walks and a look at Frank Lloyd Wright’s ‘prairie style’ Robie House, up this year for World Heritage Site status.

10. Yellowstone National Park

mikehenry
mikehenry responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 19 Apr 2012
America's Top 10 Tourist Attractions
Times Square, New York City
The Las Vegas Strip, Nev
National Mall and Memorial Parks, Washington, D.C
Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston
Disney World's Magic Kingdom, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Disneyland Park, Anaheim, Calif.
Fisherman's Wharf/Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco
Niagara Falls, N.Y.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tenn./N.C.
Navy Pier, Chicago

David2
David2 responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 29 Apr 2012
Thank you for this amazing information, i have been to USA few times for business purpose. Its a beautiful place. But can anyone suggest me any car rental services in the area which one can accommodate to travel across the city?

jemssmith29
jemssmith29 responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 1 Aug 2012
There are many attractive tourist places in America but i like National Mall and Memorial Parks, Washington, D.C. it is the best place here.

james5
james5 responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 11 Sep 2012
White House
Denali National Park
Las Vegas Strip
Florida Keys
Kilauea
Niagara Falls
Golden Gate Bridge
Yellowstone
Manhattan
Grand Canyon
are the top tourist attraction in US.

szbogi
szbogi responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 19 Sep 2012
Unfortunately, many people do not know places like Bryce Canyon, Antelope Canyon... I think if you go there, you'll know what I mean.

Mohit
Mohit responded to 10 Top Tourist Attractions in the USA on 14 Jan 2013
Hello, Thanks for sharing this post with us. Really all are amazing places to visit. I'd like to go there someday. All are really amazing place.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

A tip for travelers to the US Flagstaff Haunted Places

Recent Topics in United States Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
KevinKliebert Safety tips for travelling
by KevinKliebert on 24 Mar 14 (inside United States) Keep you travel plans, including accommodation details, to yourself
Avoid the hurdle be kept patience
Do not try to travel night
You should be aware safe and unsafe…
0 24 KevinKliebert
24 Mar 14 >>
sandydevnix Looking for best travel Option
by sandydevnix on 22 Jan 14 (inside United States) I am traveller going to Germany last time I visited Miami, Florida it was a good trip I also hired a car from and enjoyed…
2 48 BespokeD
9 Mar 14 >>
brightsun Best Beaches in the USA
by brightsun on 6 Nov 12 (inside United States) Hello,
There are some best beaches in the USA. These are the followings:
1. Hawaii - The Big Island
2. Maui
3. U.S. Virgin Islands
4. Honolulu - Oahu
5. Outer…
3 52 p3b00w
20 Feb 13 >>
mikehenry Maurice Gusman Cultural Center
by mikehenry on 29 Jun 12 (inside United States) Historic theater in Miami,Florida. It is located at 174 East Flagler Street. The original architect was theatre designer John Eberson, in his 'atmospheric' style, and…
1 22 reservehotel
12 Sep 12 >>
mikehenry Denver Zoo
by mikehenry on 26 Jun 12 (inside United States) The Denver Zoo is an 80-acre facility located in City Park of Denver, Colorado, USA. Founded in 1896, it is owned by the City and…
8 64 cristina
10 Oct 12 >>
mikehenry Coors Field
by mikehenry on 26 Jun 12 (inside United States) Coors Field is a baseball venue located in Denver, Colorado It is the home field of Major League Baseball's Colorado Rockies. It is named for…
4 77 Boyde31
5 Sep 12 >>
mikehenry Denver Botanic Gardens
by mikehenry on 26 Jun 12 (inside United States) The Denver Botanic Gardens is a public botanical garden located in the Cheesman Park neighborhood of Denver,Colorado. The 23-acre (93,000 m2) park contains a conservatory,…
3 8 tylerd
11 Jul 12 >>
mikehenry Mount Evans Scenic Byway
by mikehenry on 26 Jun 12 (inside United States) It begins at the junction of Interstate 70 and State Highway 103 near Idaho Springs, Colorado and continues on State Highway 5 through the Mount…
3 6 papillon
11 Jul 12 >>
mikehenry Flagstaff Haunted Places
by mikehenry on 29 May 12 (inside United States) Take a self guide tour through the by lanes of the city. Like every town, Flagstaff has its own share of ghost stories and hunted…
3 26 lindamura
1 Jun 12 >>
samhitnarayan A tip for travelers to the US
by samhitnarayan on 14 May 10 (inside United States) A tip for people who might be going to the US on a vacation, business trip or for studies and want to call India..I just…
3 201 shubhra1
17 Jul 12 >>
Other topics from afiluddinbd Replies Views Last Post
afiluddinbd prepaid sim card for Australia
by afiluddinbd on 31 Oct 11 (inside Australia) My small sister planing for vacation in Australia. So any body can help me which sim card will be better for her or how can…
8 308 steefen
1 Oct 12 >>
afiluddinbd What are the top items on your pack list?
by afiluddinbd on 17 Oct 11 (inside Special Destinations) 1 Toilet paper
2 First aid kit
3 Ear plugs to wear while riding all day & at night
4 extra water, 2 litres or more in the…
6 40 steefen
19 Sep 12 >>
afiluddinbd The Top 10 Tourist Destinations in India
by afiluddinbd on 24 Oct 11 (inside Round the World Travel) 1. Agra
2. Jaipur / Udaipur
3. Goa
4. Kashmir
5. Kanyakumari
6. Kerala (Backwaters)
7. Old Delhi
8. Ajanta Ellora
9. Darjeeling
10.Mysore
8 143 amliNagar
11 Nov 12 >>
afiluddinbd Where is your next vacation for 2012
by afiluddinbd on 5 Nov 11 (inside Goa Velha) Hello friend all, I have decided for my next vacation for Goa. Goa, India, is called the €œLand of Sun & Sand€, and is one…
7 30 donaldjon
16 Nov 11 >>
afiluddinbd Hoe to save money in Central America when traveling?
by afiluddinbd on 6 Nov 11 (inside Central America & Caribbean) 1. Use Public Transport: Public transport is very cheap and usually very efficient. Local buses, especially ones that aren'™t direct, cost only a few dollars.…
5 42 AlistarJ80
31 Aug 12 >>
Recent activity from afiluddinbd
afiluddinbd added a new post in the topic Honeymoon trip to Paris?
Whether you're strolling along the Seine or soaking up city life from a sidewalk café, you'll see why Paris is synonymous with the word style.…
afiluddinbd started the topic 10 Best Sights & Attractions in Denmark
1. Kronborg Castle near Helsingor
2. The Oresund Bridge Connecting Denmark and Sweden
3. The Original Legoland in Billund
4. The Old Town of Aarhus, Denmark
5. The Island…
afiluddinbd started the topic Top 10 Popular European Winter Holiday Destinations
1. Florence, Italy
2. Rome, Italy
3. Istanbul, Turkey
4. Vienna, Austria
5. Athens, Greece
6. London, United Kingdom
7. Paris, France
8. Prague, Czech Republic
9. Barcelona, Spain and
10. Munich, Germany
afiluddinbd added a new post in the topic New traveler
Most welcome and congratulation to you in this forum
afiluddinbd added a new post in the topic Which places would you like to visit the most???
I am Afiluddin from Bangladesh. I have a strong feelings to see the Sydney. But I don't know it will fulfill or not? Because I…

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it