travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Stupid laws still valid

Forum > Travel of Twisted Minds  
erato
posted by erato on 1 Jun 2009
Stupid laws still valid
I wonder sometimes, where did our lawmakers put their mind when they have cooked up some of our still valid laws? Here I picked one of the gems of the legislature, feel free to complete the list!

erato
erato responded to Stupid laws still valid on 1 Jun 2009
It is forbidden in London to shoot a Scot with a crossbow, on Sunday. :))
Otherwise, if it's a weekday or the weapon is anything but a crossbow, the government gives its blessing to the act???? It's not easy to be Scotish in England!!! :D

blackangel_66
blackangel_66 responded to Stupid laws still valid on 1 Jun 2009
Well, there must be something with Sundays, because in Ohio a law forbids whale hunting on this day but at the same time another law prohibits arrests on Sundays. :D
But of course, police officers can still look nastily at violators, can't they? :D

Tudi
Tudi responded to Stupid laws still valid on 2 Jun 2009
Supposedly this is an actual thai law (Thai community members feel free to aknowledge or deny this one):

You cannot leave the house without wearing underwear.

It's not even that weird a law, what's weird is that they must enforce this by law :D

meddy30
meddy30 responded to Stupid laws still valid on 30 Nov 2011
I think stupid laws should be made to improve the level of discipline among the people. BUT I agree that there are some laws present that are really dumb or stupid. There is even no sense of making such laws. Some laws of such types are. 1. Dogs may not bark after 6pm. 2. No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour. 3. It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset. 4. It is considered an offense to shower naked. You can also find some more stupid laws from here. http://www.elistmania.com/still/50_stupid_laws_from_50_states/

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Driving in Pennsylvania Jokes about countries

Recent Topics in Travel of Twisted Minds Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
ajaykr86 Travel in Rajasthan
by ajaykr86 on 28 Jul 11 (inside Travel of Twisted Minds) Colorful Rajasthan Tours and Travels offers services like Rajasthan Tour, National Parks, Forts & Palaces, Adventure Tour, Wildlife sanctuaries and National Parks, Fairs & Festivals…
4 22 richardsmith
19 Sep 12 >>
erato Off the wall tips about traveling
by erato on 16 Jul 09 (inside Travel of Twisted Minds) If you are in Las Vegas, walking on Las Vegas Boulevard, try to avoid the men who want to talk to you very perseveringly. They…
2 333 MadSuh
12 Oct 09 >>
erato Jokes about countries
by erato on 1 Jun 09 (inside Travel of Twisted Minds) Some of the stereotypes about many nations might even carry some truth in themselves…. ;) Let's see!
I was looking for some good jokes about Hungarians…
10 1156 MadSuh
12 Oct 09 >>
erato Driving in Pennsylvania
by erato on 8 May 09 (inside Travel of Twisted Minds) Pennsylvania still has an old law: If a driver sees a horse coming on the road, he has to stand aside and cover the car…
3 261 Wazling
9 May 09 >>
Other topics from erato Replies Views Last Post
erato English Breakfast vs. Continental Breakfast
by erato on 20 Apr 09 (inside Hotels) Could anyone tell me please what is the difference between English and Continental breakfast? Hotel rooms with Continental breakfast are much cheaper. Why is that…
6 2962 erato
23 Apr 09 >>
erato Seniors Home Exchange
by erato on 22 Apr 09 (inside Round the World Travel) I just found a site offering "straight vacation exchanges" for elder people (over 50). The base idea is to change your home with somebody else…
7 481 khalid2167
8 Jun 09 >>
erato Ski in Las Vegas?
by erato on 23 Apr 09 (inside Las Vegas) Can you really ski in Las Vegas? On which part of it? I just checked and saw there is currently 31 C degrees in Vegas.…
1 194 stef
24 Apr 09 >>
erato What one-way car rental means?
by erato on 29 Apr 09 (inside Car Rentals) Can anyone explain to me? Thanks.
6 1137 mikehenry
13 Apr 12 >>
erato Any word limit for articles in Travelgrove's contest?
by erato on 1 May 09 (inside Travelgrove Q and A) I'm just wondering seeing shorter articles (10 points) than some of my reviews (3 point). Is there any limit? Thanks.
2 440 zlori
16 Aug 11 >>
Recent activity from erato
erato added a new post in the topic need to have information for accommodation in borad beach
Hey,
Check out TripAdvisor reviews:
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g658842-d275621-Reviews-Phoenician_Resort_Broadbeach-Broadbeach_Gold_Coast_Queensland.html
Or run a search on Travelgrove and find reviews w/ prices at providers' sites.
erato added a new post in the topic Top 10 Canadian Beaches
Basin Head? PE Island is my dream destination because of the series Road to Avonlea. Do you happen to know, is Basin Head near the…
erato added a new post in the topic How to get the cheapest hotel deals?
Hi,
First of all, you should look here, on Travelgrove's hotel search, there are some pretty good rates here.
erato added a new post in the topic Hirtshals - Aalborg
@carolgreen616: I know there's train service too, but I could not find it online..
yet what I could find was a bus taking 1h 15m…
erato added a new post in the topic Finland falls out of love with EU
I'm not sure what's the point here.. (?) 
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it