travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Airbus airplane crashed into the Hudson River, New York City

Forum > News  
zlori
posted by zlori on 15 Jan 2009
Airbus airplane crashed into the Hudson River, New York City
A regular airplane of US Airways airline company (flight #1549) departing from New York City, La Guardia airport (LGA) going to Charlotte, NC Douglas airport (CLT) crashed into Hudson River, near Manhatten after 3 minutes of flying.
What is a really good thing in it is that nobody was hurt and the airplane landed in one piece. The plane was one of the A320 of Airbus with 150 passangers and 6 workers of USAirways on the bord.
It's not sure at this moment but looks like the plane falled down due a crash with a strike bird cloud.
I think in such of moments the first thing coming in one's mind is not the well-known fact, that the airport transportation is the safest way of travelling (even if it is true).

Wazling
Wazling responded to Airbus airplane crashed into the Hudson River, New York City on 16 Jan 2009
I would therefore not want to be in such a plane! Think i would go crazy, realizinmg that my plane crashes!

MadSuh
MadSuh responded to Airbus airplane crashed into the Hudson River, New York City on 16 Jan 2009
Imagine the people in Manhattan watching the airplane fly towards the city. I would think that this would be even more scary. Anyhow, this stuff happens, but when it comes to safety, air travel is still the safest way to get from poin A to point B unless you are walking :)

traveladdict
traveladdict responded to Airbus airplane crashed into the Hudson River, New York City on 17 Jan 2009
I saw that pic today in the news paper. Now waiting for some to upload a video in youtube if someone was able to take any video. I am sure seeing a plane fly above your head and that too very close must have made people think about another 9/11.

scarry!!

Wazling
Wazling responded to Airbus airplane crashed into the Hudson River, New York City on 19 Jan 2009
But there you can also see, that not everything can be related to 9/11.
Luckily the pilot had such an good experience to manage that situation

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Strike on Budapest, Hungary, "Ferihegy" Airport Swine flu warning for travelling to Mexico and US

Recent Topics in News Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
bizeventth Have you heard of Thailand Connect?
by bizeventth on 22 Oct 13 (inside News) It says a global marketing campaign designed to make it easier for corporate buyers and meetings organizers to sell Thailand as a premier MICE destination.…
1 17 Tenny
10 Dec 13 >>
thaodp89 Vietnam travel good news: overseas visitors to get refund
by thaodp89 on 4 Jul 12 (inside News) Some countries have applied this policy and now Vietnam goverment has done it.
Overseas visitors to get VAT refunded:
Foreigners will get refunds of the VAT they…
3 16 Sistazzione
14 Aug 12 >>
Valerio00100 Best Chinese academy in China
by Valerio00100 on 8 Aug 11 (inside News) Hi everyone,
I'm currently in Shenzhen and I want to know where is the best place to learn Chinese in China.
I heard that OMEIDA…
0 15 Valerio00100
8 Aug 11 >>
Wazling Massenproteste in französischen Städten
by Wazling on 15 Oct 10 (inside News) Achtung! Wer von euch morgen nach Frankreich fährt oder dort unterwegs ist, der sollte mit ein paar Problemen aufgrund der geplanten Massenproteste richten. Diese finden…
0 203 Wazling
15 Oct 10 >>
Wazling American gouvenement gives an travel alert for germany
by Wazling on 24 Sep 09 (inside News) It is really some kin of crazy. The government of America warned their citizens to be aware Al Qaeda. It gives you a new feeling…
0 205 Wazling
24 Sep 09 >>
erato Lufthansa buys Austrian Airlines
by erato on 3 Sep 09 (inside News) Official: Today the representatives of Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines signed the contract about selling the airline company to the Lufthansa group what became in this…
0 392 zlori
3 Sep 09 >>
Wazling Ryan Air says "goodbye" to Sky Europe
by Wazling on 2 Sep 09 (inside News) Funny how Ryan Air tells Sky Europe good bye. Take a look at this airplane they painted with that:
http://www.planes.cz/cs/photo/1056824/b737-8as-ei-dlf-ryanair-ryr-fr-praha-ruzyne-prg-lkpr/?win_res=1024
1 357 zlori
2 Sep 09 >>
zlori SkyEurope bankrupted
by zlori on 1 Sep 09 (inside News) More an info then a question: SkyEurope is officially bankrupted, so DO NOT book any tickets from them! If you already did call your bank…
0 307 zlori
1 Sep 09 >>
zangazanga selling the CSA - Czech Airlines
by zangazanga on 19 Aug 09 (inside News) I just heared on the news that the Czech government are going to sell the national airline company of the Czech Republic, the CSA. I'm…
1 257 erato
20 Aug 09 >>
danpop Wizz Air new luggage policy
by danpop on 22 May 09 (inside News) The airline is reducing the allowance for checked-in baggage from 20kg to 15kg per person, with excess baggage charges rising from 10 euros to 15…
0 406 danpop
22 May 09 >>
Other topics from zlori Replies Views Last Post
zlori Airfare prices
by zlori on 10 Dec 08 (inside Air Travel) In what manner will affect the economical world crisis the airfare prices? Will they rise or drop in the next year?
6 520 gina
8 Apr 09 >>
zlori Strike on Budapest, Hungary, "Ferihegy" Airport
by zlori on 10 Dec 08 (inside News) Looks like it will continue tomorrow...
4 657 zlori
15 Dec 08 >>
zlori Flight from Sacramento to Oakland
by zlori on 26 Jan 09 (inside Oakland) I am not able to find any direct flight from Sacramento to Oakland at any time. Do any exist on any airline?
1 834 MadSuh
27 Jan 09 >>
zlori Hotel roms in London
by zlori on 20 Apr 09 (inside London) Where begins cheaper hotel room in London? I mean I found accesible hotel rooms from 38 GBP / night / 2 persons. Does it count…
4 321 jhonman1213
9 Jan 12 >>
zlori Amazing low-cost airfares from London
by zlori on 23 Apr 09 (inside London) Is that real? Flying for 2 GBP, roundtrip??? What's the trick?
2 337 krysty
16 Apr 12 >>
Recent activity from zlori
zlori added a new post in the topic Need a good price for rental car
Where would you like to rent the car? If you tell me your destination and dates, I can run  a couple of searches for you.
zlori added a new post in the topic Best Time to visit Cyprus
Well, the best time to visit Cyprus is not now IMHO... do you really intend to visit a country right at the middle of her…
zlori added a new post in the topic Last minute christmas packages at amazing rates!
What's the current/Christmas weather in Kenya? I get confused all the time, is it summer there now...?
zlori added a new post in the topic Rental Car needed in Houston, TX
Well, simple click the cars tab, enter your search details and run a search.
Also make sure to select 4-5 providers to compare in order to…
zlori added a new post in the topic Boston Public Garden
Never been to Boston but hear so many great things about it all the time... I guess I will really have to go check it…
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it