travelgrove travel forums

Nice Trip around Morocco Sahara

Forum > Africa & Middle East > Morocco  
posted by sarasahara on 12 Jul 2011
Nice Trip around Morocco Sahara
My family and I returned a few weeks ago from a wonderful 10 day trip in Morocco that was seamlessly organized by Sahara Magic Tours. After my first phone conversation with Hassan at Sahara Magic Tours immediately felt my anxiety about planning my trip go away. Hassan was GREAT, he was friendly, flexible, very patient with all my questions and requests and always responded to my emails and phone calls promptly. He was extremely knowledgeable in all areas of Morocco. The depth of his knowledge made his advice and guidance priceless as his recommendations all turned out to be perfectly suited to our needs.
I requested Mohamed as our driver based on the reviews I read here and on other sites. Mohamed was EXCELLENT! We were so happy with him in every way. He spoke good English. He has a great personality and sense of humor. He's such a genuinely good guy, really friendly, caring, down to earth and can get along with all types of personalities and ages. You immediately feel so comfortable and safe with him . Mohamed took care of all of our needs and was very patient and flexible. He was always on time for our daily adventures and was a knowledgeable guide so we learned a lot from him about Morocco. Also, I have to mention how GREAT a driver Mohamed is. Not only does he drive safe but he handles the vehicle really well, whether it's winding roads or BUSY streets, etc.
We chose the Imperial cities tour as well as the desert and Essaouria. We covered 1,300 miles. Morocco is a beautiful country. We found the Moroccan people to be warm and friendly. Each place has it's own look and feel and it's so picturesque as you drive from one place to another. Morocco felt like a bunch of different countries in one country. Be sure to keep a day or so aside for shopping. For us, it was a struggle within our 10 day itinerary since there was so much to see and do. An extra day or 2 would have been perfect.
I would definitely recommend staying in a Riad at least once during your trip. For us after the first 2 Riads we missed some of the conveniences of a hotel so we were glad we stayed in both. Bivouac in Merzouga was really cool, you can literally walk onto the dunes from the Bivouac. In Marrakech I liked Les Jardins De Le Koutaoubia , the hotel was beautiful and the location was stellar, less than a 5-minute walk to the Dejemma el-Fna and all the souks.
As someone who travels frequently I would highly recommend Sahara Magic Tours to anyone thinking about taking a trip to Morocco. Their knowledge, contacts throughout the country, personal attention to every detail of your trip and excellent service is one of the best I've experienced. I'm so thankful to all the people that wrote reviews about Sahara Magic Tours and Mohamed. Thanks to Hassan /Sahara Magic Tours and Mohamed, my family and I had an AMAZING experience in Morocco. Can't wait to go back!
geneoliver responded to Nice Trip around Morocco Sahara on 24 Aug 2012
The information given by you is really very good. Thanks buddy for that supporting information.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

It was fantastic Honeymoon in Morocco Shopping in Thailand - more experiences

Recent Topics in Morocco Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
samlim Guided Morocco Tours
by samlim on 24 Nov 14 (inside Morocco) I am just wandering for information about a short trip to Morocco. I always plan a trip on Christmas holidays. last year I went to…
2 31 paulleahy101
22 Dec 14 >>
Paul79 Morocco Riads
by Paul79 on 27 Jun 12 (inside Morocco) Hi everybody! I would like to take a trip in Morocco more or less at the end of the summer. Some friends suggested me to…
3 16 tylerd
11 Jul 12 >>
activetreks Trek guide
by activetreks on 16 Dec 11 (inside Morocco) Hi all my name is mohamed from active treks morocco we are a group of qualified mountain guide who would like to help anyone who…
13 84 trekguide
31 Aug 12 >>
vietnamstay Shopping in Thailand - more experiences
by vietnamstay on 14 Jul 11 (inside Morocco) Shopping in Thailand
Most shops and supermarkets in Thailand is only open from about 10 to 10 hours 30 minutes morning (a few are open from…
0 62 vietnamstay
14 Jul 11 >>
ClarkB It was fantastic Honeymoon in Morocco
by ClarkB on 24 Mar 10 (inside Morocco) The honeymoon was magnificent! Morocco is beautiful and each hotel was perfect. Marrakech is busy and crowded but to see all of the ruins was…
3 403 Michaelb777
15 Oct 12 >>
Moroccantents Moroccan tents/good nights in Berber tents
by Moroccantents on 21 Dec 08 (inside Morocco) I was in Morocco last November.My trip was arranged by RoughTours company which is based in south Morocco.I had the chance to cover most of…
3 1123 Wazling
29 Dec 08 >>
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it