travelgrove travel forums

Moroccan tents/good nights in Berber tents

Forum > Africa & Middle East > Morocco  
posted by Moroccantents on 21 Dec 2008
Moroccan tents/good nights in Berber tents
I was in Morocco last November.My trip was arranged by RoughTours company which is based in south Morocco.I had the chance to cover most of the Moroccan places.I landed in Casablanca,then visit Rabat,Fez,Meknes, desert,Marrakesh,Agadir and Essaouira.I was in a camel ride for 2 days and spent good time in Moroccan nomads tents.I can say that I can live in the tents all my life .From the explanation of our interpreter Himm, the tents are made from the wool of gaots and camels.I also had the chance to visit some nomads in the area who live in the tents , and this is their own homes.Unlike the noisy cities like New York and Las vigas, life of the nomads is primitive and slow.
Moroccan people are so friendly and all the time , they offer you tea with mint.I forget to say that it is my first time to drink camel milk.
Hope to visit Morocco an other time.However,my next trip will be deep in the sahara with nomad life.You can check out the berbers webpage at
And if you need more info about my trip, you can post your questions here,and will reply as soon as I can .
Wazling responded to Moroccan tents/good nights in Berber tents on 23 Dec 2008
What would you say if you compare Tunisia and Morocco? Which one would you prefer and why?
Moroccantents responded to Moroccan tents/good nights in Berber tents on 24 Dec 2008
Hi,I think that Morocco and Tunisia may have lot of similarities in ways of life , therefore,the people must be friendly .I say this bc Morocco and Tunisia are in the same area which is North Africa.People also are arabs and Berbers like Morocco.I have never been to Tunisia ,and this little comparition is based on my readings in the net.If you know some more about Tunisia ,let me know.I'd like to share our experience with others.Cheers and have a good night
Wazling responded to Moroccan tents/good nights in Berber tents on 29 Dec 2008
I've been at Tunisia some weeks ago for 9 days. My impression of that country wasn't quite positive.
All the area was mostly spoiled and dirty, and this was also in rural areas.
In the touristic places people always tried to sell you some trash, Rolex watches for 5 bucks. I dont mind that, because that's everywhere the same.
But the people i meet, were always triing to cheat you, you haven't had the feeling of beeing an guest in that country. This is what a friend of mine told me afterwards, it was excactly the same when he came there years ago.
For women, that are totally strangers, it is also quote difficult to travel there, because a lot of the men dont respect women very much.
So alltogether i didn't take a positive view of Tunisia with me and i wouldn't go there again.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

It was fantastic Honeymoon in Morocco

Recent Topics in Morocco Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
samlim Guided Morocco Tours
by samlim on 24 Nov 14 (inside Morocco) I am just wandering for information about a short trip to Morocco. I always plan a trip on Christmas holidays. last year I went to…
2 31 paulleahy101
22 Dec 14 >>
Paul79 Morocco Riads
by Paul79 on 27 Jun 12 (inside Morocco) Hi everybody! I would like to take a trip in Morocco more or less at the end of the summer. Some friends suggested me to…
3 16 tylerd
11 Jul 12 >>
activetreks Trek guide
by activetreks on 16 Dec 11 (inside Morocco) Hi all my name is mohamed from active treks morocco we are a group of qualified mountain guide who would like to help anyone who…
13 84 trekguide
31 Aug 12 >>
vietnamstay Shopping in Thailand - more experiences
by vietnamstay on 14 Jul 11 (inside Morocco) Shopping in Thailand
Most shops and supermarkets in Thailand is only open from about 10 to 10 hours 30 minutes morning (a few are open from…
0 62 vietnamstay
14 Jul 11 >>
sarasahara Nice Trip around Morocco Sahara
by sarasahara on 12 Jul 11 (inside Morocco) My family and I returned a few weeks ago from a wonderful 10 day trip in Morocco that was seamlessly organized by Sahara Magic Tours.…
1 100 geneoliver
24 Aug 12 >>
ClarkB It was fantastic Honeymoon in Morocco
by ClarkB on 24 Mar 10 (inside Morocco) The honeymoon was magnificent! Morocco is beautiful and each hotel was perfect. Marrakech is busy and crowded but to see all of the ruins was…
3 403 Michaelb777
15 Oct 12 >>
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it