travelgrove travel forums

Forum

visiting London

Forum > Europe & Russia > United Kingdom > London  
marcus_7
posted by marcus_7 on 2 Jul 2012
visiting London
I'm going to London next week with a girlfriend. Could you please give some sugestions about:
1) a good car service – I’ve read here that someone suggested those from Hummingbird and other person 247airporttransfer, have you ever used them?

2) a nice restaurant. London: ideally central, but we don't mind travelling. Looking for nice ambience (and good food). We don't mind trying original cuisine (eg Indian, Afgan).

3) nice places for evening drinks, etc..

Many thanks for any tips.

papillon
papillon responded to visiting London on 2 Jul 2012
Hey,
I hope your getaway was great in London! Yet I believe you put too much questions in one single post, giving us too much info to look for.. yet what I can tell regarding car services, the best option IMO is to check as many providers as you can, using meta search engines and aggregators.. I don't really believe there's a "best" provider, because prices vary based on many factors...

Cheers

luci
luci responded to visiting London on 8 Aug 2012
3.) Nice places for evening drinks - did you try bars near the Hide Park? There are plenty of them, yet none of them are too cheap - but hey, what's cheap in London, right?

aeryncampbell
aeryncampbell responded to visiting London on 9 Aug 2012
London is a very nice and attractive tourist place.I am planning to visit London during these Christmas holidays with my friends.

GerryW80
GerryW80 responded to visiting London on 28 Aug 2012
You can easily get airport transfers and car rental services directly from the airport. Will you be arriving at Heathrow airport?

Sovereign-Minicabs
Sovereign-Minicabs responded to visiting London on 11 Oct 2012
It is a lot cheaper to book your taxi in advance to pick you up when you land. Taxis from the airport would cost you twice as much. Here's a cheap one londonheathrowminicab.co.uk or call 02084221515 to book.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

London Heathrow Airport: What are good hacks great holiday

Recent Topics in London Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
Jamesubrown chauffeur services
by Jamesubrown on 15 May 13 (inside London) Tell me about chauffeur service in London?
5 24 victorbritts
29 May 13 >>
marcus_7 great holiday
by marcus_7 on 9 Sep 12 (inside London) hi, there, great to be back home, like I told you before, I was planning to visit London and we did it, finally, so now,…
1 29 camita
10 Sep 12 >>
krysty London Heathrow Airport: What are good hacks
by krysty on 22 Jun 12 (inside London) London Heathrow Airport: What are good hacks for traveling through Heathrow Airport?
4 52 luvVacation
27 Aug 12 >>
ConocerEuropa 5 days in London. My trip with planning and maps to print
by ConocerEuropa on 3 Feb 12 (inside London) Hi:
I want to share my blog , it has been wroten in English, Spanish and French. I hope it was useful fon anyone
paraconocereuropa.blogspot.com
4 265 ConocerEuropa
13 Feb 12 >>
chris02 heathrow Airport Taxi
by chris02 on 26 Oct 09 (inside London) Hello,
I got a quick usefull information for people travelling to london Heathrow Airport. If any wants London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer Service than they…
2 470 Alan
4 Oct 12 >>
chris02 London Airport Transfer
by chris02 on 7 Oct 09 (inside London) Hello,
I got a quick usefull information for peaople travelling to london. If they want any London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer Service than they can…
7 605 ashimasalim
12 Dec 12 >>
chris02 London Airport Taxi
by chris02 on 22 Sep 09 (inside London) Hi,
I got a quick usefull information for peaople travelling to london. If they want any London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer Service than they can try…
4 451 marcus_7
15 Oct 12 >>
Guinevere1988 London sightseeing
by Guinevere1988 on 14 May 09 (inside London) I am going to travel to the UK soon and I would like to visit London on a weekend. I know it is a big…
8 333 krysty
9 Apr 12 >>
zlori Amazing low-cost airfares from London
by zlori on 23 Apr 09 (inside London) Is that real? Flying for 2 GBP, roundtrip??? What's the trick?
2 341 krysty
16 Apr 12 >>
zlori Hotel roms in London
by zlori on 20 Apr 09 (inside London) Where begins cheaper hotel room in London? I mean I found accesible hotel rooms from 38 GBP / night / 2 persons. Does it count…
4 324 jhonman1213
9 Jan 12 >>
Other topics from marcus_7 Replies Views Last Post
marcus_7 great holiday
by marcus_7 on 9 Sep 12 (inside London) hi, there, great to be back home, like I told you before, I was planning to visit London and we did it, finally, so now,…
1 29 camita
10 Sep 12 >>
Recent activity from marcus_7
marcus_7 added a new post in the topic London Airport Taxi
Have used this company several times over the last months. They are punctual, courteous and very accommodating. Working perfect to a good price! thank you,…
marcus_7 added a new post in the topic London Airport Transfer
I have used on my first trip those from 247airporttransfer.co.uk, them seemed really nice, they gave me 10% discount, there are lots of car services…
marcus_7 started the topic great holiday
hi, there, great to be back home, like I told you before, I was planning to visit London and we did it, finally, so now,…

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it