travelgrove travel forums

Forum

The Backwaters of Kerala

Forum > Asia > India  
jesuret
posted by jesuret on 30 May 2012
The Backwaters of Kerala
Kerala is known for its innumerable coconut trees, marshy grooves, shallow lakes, deep canals, long boats etc. All this can be thoroughly enjoyed by a visit to the backwaters of Kerala. the Kerala tours travel to the backwaters can be an amazing experience with twittering kingfishers, eye-catching cormorants and gliding ducks.

Cochin, also known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea, is famous for its natural harbor. The backwaters in Cochin are also a great experience and the islands are well connected by ferry. The coastline is lined with the Chinese fishing nets, which is a method of fishing established in Cochin long ago.

The cool backwaters of Kozhikode are yet unexplored completely. The city is also famous for its history, wonderful backwaters and leisure sports. Kettuvalloms are built in Alumkadavu, in the town of Karunagapally 20 kilometers from Kollam. The kettuvalloms were traditionally used to carry goods.

Kumarakom is a village 12 kilometers to the west of Kottayam. It is situated on the banks of the Vembanad Lake. Kumarakom backwaters offer unique Kettuvalloms, boat racing, motor boat and water boat facilities. The Kettuvalloms are furnished with a living room, bedroom, comfortable bathrooms and a central raised deck for spend time leisurely.

The centre of the cashew industry is the charming old port city of Kollam on the banks of the Ashtamudi Lake. It is one of the oldest ports of the backwaters.

Veli Aakulam lagoon is situated near Thiruvanantapuram. The attractions in this place are water sports, a floating restaurant, an amusement park, speedboats and other facilities. Two scenic hillocks flank the east end of the lake.

tomtum
tomtum responded to The Backwaters of Kerala on 30 May 2012
Where is this Kerala?

lindamura
lindamura responded to The Backwaters of Kerala on 31 May 2012
Kerala is a state in India, it's on the south-western part of the country, many tourists go there.

asterix
asterix responded to The Backwaters of Kerala on 11 Jun 2012
Sounds nice, how expensive it is in general? I know many places in India are pretty cheap.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

How can i travel by india Luxury train ? Munnar Resorts

Recent Topics in India Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
gannesh102 Places to visit in pondicherry
by gannesh102 on 5 Aug 14 (inside India) hello, I have a planning to go pondicherry. But I don't know how to go and tourist places in pondicherry. Please help me to go…
0 46 gannesh102
5 Aug 14 >>
ramkeshplt travel deals
by ramkeshplt on 15 May 14 (inside India) Hi,
Friends, I am looking for travel deals for my vacation on July 2014. From Delhi to Kashmir. So please suggest me which one is best.
1 62 Tiffany01
5 Jun 14 >>
ramkeshplt Kashmir tour
by ramkeshplt on 5 May 14 (inside India) Hi, I'm from Delhi and have planning tour at this end of May in kashmir . This is my first time tour. I have to…
2 27 Tiffany01
5 Jun 14 >>
FalitoNaef luxury trains in India?
by FalitoNaef on 4 Feb 14 (inside India) What are the top three luxury trains in India that match the best standards of world’s best luxury trains?
3 58 mohammadkaisar
26 Mar 14 >>
loken12 india golden triangle tours
by loken12 on 28 Jan 14 (inside India) I want to share my india tour experience, when i visited india and i join india golden triangle tours, it is best for me because…
2 44 mohammadkaisar
27 Mar 14 >>
66manoj44 What do you say about mysore?
by 66manoj44 on 16 Jan 14 (inside India) Hi, friends do you know what is popular in mysore(karnataka)?
Mysore place is the number one place to visit, but be aware that if you want…
2 21 kavin001
20 Feb 14 >>
Tushar Places to visit in south India
by Tushar on 10 Oct 13 (inside India) In Karnataka - Mysore, Srirangapatna, Mallikarjuna and Kasivisvanatha temples , Tarateshwara temple Hangal, Saundatti Fort
In Andra Pradesh - Charminar, Golkonda, Ramoji Film City
In Tamil Nadu…
5 56 ishita_khanna
29 Nov 13 >>
ishita_khanna Visit to Manali
by ishita_khanna on 1 Jun 13 (inside India) Hi, I am planning to visit Manali, Please give the list of popular tourist spots
3 55 car4hires
25 Jun 13 >>
ruchikaroy95 Travel by luxury train
by ruchikaroy95 on 7 May 13 (inside India) Its very easy to travel by luxury train, for doing so you can get reservation online from Indian railways.
4 37 DannyDelnison
12 Jun 13 >>
raghutravels Taxi services in Chandigarh
by raghutravels on 9 Dec 12 (inside India) At Raghu travels taxi service Chandigarh, provide taxi services in affordable price. we also provide cab service from Chandigarh to Delhi, Chandigarh to Shimla, Chandigarh…
3 97 Mohit
3 Jan 13 >>
Other topics from jesuret Replies Views Last Post
jesuret Munnar Resorts
by jesuret on 30 May 12 (inside India) Munnar is located on the Western Ghats and is one of the most popular hill resort towns in Kerala in the Idukki district. It is…
8 27 mtheedron
19 Feb 13 >>
Recent activity from jesuret
jesuret started the topic Munnar Resorts
Munnar is located on the Western Ghats and is one of the most popular hill resort towns in Kerala in the Idukki district. It is…

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it