travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Munnar Resorts

Forum > Asia > India  
jesuret
posted by jesuret on 30 May 2012
Munnar Resorts
Munnar is located on the Western Ghats and is one of the most popular hill resort towns in Kerala in the Idukki district. It is known for its ecstatic beauty and cool climate. It is one of the best places where one can refresh and rejuvenate oneself. It is also known as the Kashmir of South India and is flanked by Arabian Sea on one side and Western Ghats on the other.

Munnar is located at the confluence of Muthirappuzha, Nallathanni and Kundaly rivers. The undulating hills in Munnar touching the clouds are one of the main specialties. It enjoys a moderate climate. Summers are pleasant and the temperature ranges between 25 degree Celsius and 15 degree Celsius between the months of March and May. Winter is between the months of December and February and the temperature comes down to 10 degree Celsius. Monsoon is between the months of June and September and is lovely and refreshing. A drive through the narrow winding roads of Munnar can be adventurous and a treat to nature lovers. One can witness lush carpets of the tea bushes to silver green of the oak on the mountains of Munnar. With the rising number of tourists a number of Munnar resorts have come up in and around Munnar. Tourists from all over the world visit Munnar mainly during the summer season. It greatly enhances the beauty of Kerala and hence Kerala is chosen by National Geographic society as one of the 50 must-see destinations.

Ivan
Ivan responded to Munnar Resorts on 30 May 2012
What are some cheap resorts in Munnar?

kachou_n
kachou_n responded to Munnar Resorts on 1 Jun 2012
I know Kerala is generally very popular, is Munnar it's touristic center?

erato
erato responded to Munnar Resorts on 11 Jun 2012
If it's on Nat Geo's top 50 list than it must be really beautiful!

cristina
cristina responded to Munnar Resorts on 18 Jun 2012
Munnar is really very nice place to visit. This place is full with natural beauty.

Palak
Palak responded to Munnar Resorts on 8 Oct 2012
Poopada Resorts invites you experience a life time joy of celebration set in the backdrop of most scintillating panorama of nature in South India.

henryka_marks
henryka_marks responded to Munnar Resorts on 2 Jan 2013
I found here very nice and interesting information about Munnar and its resorts. Munnar is one of the most popular destinations to see in India. I would like to say Thank you so much for the great and informative post.

effortsjaipur
effortsjaipur responded to Munnar Resorts on 21 Jan 2013
Munnar resort is nice and popular travel place in kerala.

mtheedron
mtheedron responded to Munnar Resorts on 19 Feb 2013
I think, its easy to find the best possible resorts and hotels in Munnar with Kerala Trip Maker website. We can utilize this website as a guide for getting more information about the major tourist spots too.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

The Backwaters of Kerala what are ther famous spa reorts places in India?

Recent Topics in India Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
gannesh102 Places to visit in pondicherry
by gannesh102 on 5 Aug 14 (inside India) hello, I have a planning to go pondicherry. But I don't know how to go and tourist places in pondicherry. Please help me to go…
0 46 gannesh102
5 Aug 14 >>
ramkeshplt travel deals
by ramkeshplt on 15 May 14 (inside India) Hi,
Friends, I am looking for travel deals for my vacation on July 2014. From Delhi to Kashmir. So please suggest me which one is best.
1 62 Tiffany01
5 Jun 14 >>
ramkeshplt Kashmir tour
by ramkeshplt on 5 May 14 (inside India) Hi, I'm from Delhi and have planning tour at this end of May in kashmir . This is my first time tour. I have to…
2 27 Tiffany01
5 Jun 14 >>
FalitoNaef luxury trains in India?
by FalitoNaef on 4 Feb 14 (inside India) What are the top three luxury trains in India that match the best standards of world’s best luxury trains?
3 58 mohammadkaisar
26 Mar 14 >>
loken12 india golden triangle tours
by loken12 on 28 Jan 14 (inside India) I want to share my india tour experience, when i visited india and i join india golden triangle tours, it is best for me because…
2 44 mohammadkaisar
27 Mar 14 >>
66manoj44 What do you say about mysore?
by 66manoj44 on 16 Jan 14 (inside India) Hi, friends do you know what is popular in mysore(karnataka)?
Mysore place is the number one place to visit, but be aware that if you want…
2 21 kavin001
20 Feb 14 >>
Tushar Places to visit in south India
by Tushar on 10 Oct 13 (inside India) In Karnataka - Mysore, Srirangapatna, Mallikarjuna and Kasivisvanatha temples , Tarateshwara temple Hangal, Saundatti Fort
In Andra Pradesh - Charminar, Golkonda, Ramoji Film City
In Tamil Nadu…
5 56 ishita_khanna
29 Nov 13 >>
ishita_khanna Visit to Manali
by ishita_khanna on 1 Jun 13 (inside India) Hi, I am planning to visit Manali, Please give the list of popular tourist spots
3 55 car4hires
25 Jun 13 >>
ruchikaroy95 Travel by luxury train
by ruchikaroy95 on 7 May 13 (inside India) Its very easy to travel by luxury train, for doing so you can get reservation online from Indian railways.
4 37 DannyDelnison
12 Jun 13 >>
raghutravels Taxi services in Chandigarh
by raghutravels on 9 Dec 12 (inside India) At Raghu travels taxi service Chandigarh, provide taxi services in affordable price. we also provide cab service from Chandigarh to Delhi, Chandigarh to Shimla, Chandigarh…
3 97 Mohit
3 Jan 13 >>
Other topics from jesuret Replies Views Last Post
jesuret The Backwaters of Kerala
by jesuret on 30 May 12 (inside India) Kerala is known for its innumerable coconut trees, marshy grooves, shallow lakes, deep canals, long boats etc. All this can be thoroughly enjoyed by a…
3 41 asterix
11 Jun 12 >>
Recent activity from jesuret
jesuret started the topic The Backwaters of Kerala
Kerala is known for its innumerable coconut trees, marshy grooves, shallow lakes, deep canals, long boats etc. All this can be thoroughly enjoyed by a…

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it