travelgrove travel forums

Indian Maharaja Train Journey

Forum > Asia > India  
posted by bmishraseo on 7 Aug 2012
Indian Maharaja Train Journey
India's first privately managed luxury train, 'The Indian Maharaja' is rated at par with some of the best known trains worldwide.
Sistazzione responded to Indian Maharaja Train Journey on 7 Aug 2012

Give us some more details! What routes are available, also, what are the rates?
zsoldicsa responded to Indian Maharaja Train Journey on 14 Aug 2012
Trips / durations / prices please!
keralholidays responded to Indian Maharaja Train Journey on 20 Aug 2012
Tour duration: 7 Nights / 8 Days

Tour 1: Mumbai to Delhi
Mumbai - Ellora - Ajanta - Udaipur - Sawai Madhopur - Jaipur - Agra - Delhi

Detailed itinerary:
Day 1 - Mumbai (Wednesday)
Board the Train in the evening. Train leaves at 16:30hrs. Dinner on board and train departs for Aurangabad.

Day 2 - Aurangabad (Thursday), Visit Ellora Caves
Morning sightseeing of Ellora Caves. Return to Train for Lunch and rest of the day at leisure on board. The Train departs for Jalgaon in the night. Dinner on board.

Day 3 - Aurangabad (Friday), Visit Ajanta Caves
Morning de-board the Train for an excursion to Ajanta Caves. Return to Train for Lunch and rest of the day at leisure on board as the train leaves for Udaipur. Dinner on board.

Day 4 - Udaipur (Saturday)
Morning sightseeing of City Palace followed by boat rides on lake Pichola (subject to water levels). Return to Train for Lunch on board. In the evening de-board the Train for a Gala Dinner at Fateh Prakash Palace hotel. The Train travels to Sawai Madhopur in the night.

Day 5 - Sawai Madhopur (Sunday)
After early breakfast leave for jungle safari. Lunch on board followed by afternoon safari. High-Tea at The Taj Lodge. Dinner on board as the Train leaves for Jaipur.

Day 6 - Jaipur (Monday)
Morning excursion to Amber Fort. Lunch at the Jai Mahal Palace hotel. Afternoon Jaipur sightseeing. Dinner on board as the Train proceeds towards Agra

Day 7 - Agra (Tuesday)
Breakfast on board. Proceed for sightseeing of Fatehpur Sikri. Lunch at City Hotel. Afternoon visit Agra Fort and Taj Mahal. The Train departs forDelhi. Dinner on board.

Day 8 - Delhi (Wednesday)
After Breakfast, check-out in the morning and de-board the Train at Railway Station in Delhi.
sunnybeach responded to Indian Maharaja Train Journey on 20 Aug 2012
@keralholidays: how about the rates?
cristina responded to Indian Maharaja Train Journey on 7 Oct 2012
This train is amazing one and journey of this luxury train is great one. This train will provide you memorable experience for a lifetime.
michaelssmith responded to Indian Maharaja Train Journey on 19 Oct 2012
Indian Maharaja train tour price is starting from USD 595 on Twin Occupancy.
sandrajohnson responded to Indian Maharaja Train Journey on 31 Oct 2012
@keralholidays: you have done a very informative post. thank you
effortsjaipur responded to Indian Maharaja Train Journey on 21 Jan 2013
Step aboard a brand-new Indian luxury train from Bombay to Delhi and you’ll be transported into a world of red carpets, high teas with maharajas and elephant polo. Michael Kerr reports .
alisaray responded to Indian Maharaja Train Journey on 2 Feb 2013
The Indian Maharaja’ is rated at par with some of the best known trains worldwide.The train started operating in November 2009. It's got more frills than the original Deccan Odyssey and a new route from Mumbai to Delhi, through Rajasthan.

Visit the website for information on train facilities, schedule, tariff, destinations, itineraries and booking : the-indian-maharaja[dot]com

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

India Tours Are there any cheap resort accomodation in India?

Recent Topics in India Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
gannesh102 Places to visit in pondicherry
by gannesh102 on 5 Aug 14 (inside India) hello, I have a planning to go pondicherry. But I don't know how to go and tourist places in pondicherry. Please help me to go…
0 41 gannesh102
5 Aug 14 >>
ramkeshplt travel deals
by ramkeshplt on 15 May 14 (inside India) Hi,
Friends, I am looking for travel deals for my vacation on July 2014. From Delhi to Kashmir. So please suggest me which one is best.
1 58 Tiffany01
5 Jun 14 >>
ramkeshplt Kashmir tour
by ramkeshplt on 5 May 14 (inside India) Hi, I'm from Delhi and have planning tour at this end of May in kashmir . This is my first time tour. I have to…
2 24 Tiffany01
5 Jun 14 >>
FalitoNaef luxury trains in India?
by FalitoNaef on 4 Feb 14 (inside India) What are the top three luxury trains in India that match the best standards of world’s best luxury trains?
3 57 mohammadkaisar
26 Mar 14 >>
loken12 india golden triangle tours
by loken12 on 28 Jan 14 (inside India) I want to share my india tour experience, when i visited india and i join india golden triangle tours, it is best for me because…
2 44 mohammadkaisar
27 Mar 14 >>
66manoj44 What do you say about mysore?
by 66manoj44 on 16 Jan 14 (inside India) Hi, friends do you know what is popular in mysore(karnataka)?
Mysore place is the number one place to visit, but be aware that if you want…
2 21 kavin001
20 Feb 14 >>
Tushar Places to visit in south India
by Tushar on 10 Oct 13 (inside India) In Karnataka - Mysore, Srirangapatna, Mallikarjuna and Kasivisvanatha temples , Tarateshwara temple Hangal, Saundatti Fort
In Andra Pradesh - Charminar, Golkonda, Ramoji Film City
In Tamil Nadu…
5 56 ishita_khanna
29 Nov 13 >>
ishita_khanna Visit to Manali
by ishita_khanna on 1 Jun 13 (inside India) Hi, I am planning to visit Manali, Please give the list of popular tourist spots
3 55 car4hires
25 Jun 13 >>
ruchikaroy95 Travel by luxury train
by ruchikaroy95 on 7 May 13 (inside India) Its very easy to travel by luxury train, for doing so you can get reservation online from Indian railways.
4 37 DannyDelnison
12 Jun 13 >>
raghutravels Taxi services in Chandigarh
by raghutravels on 9 Dec 12 (inside India) At Raghu travels taxi service Chandigarh, provide taxi services in affordable price. we also provide cab service from Chandigarh to Delhi, Chandigarh to Shimla, Chandigarh…
3 97 Mohit
3 Jan 13 >>
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it