travelgrove travel forums

Hong Kong, Macau Trip

Forum > Asia > China > Hong Kong  
posted by CReneFriborg on 15 Nov 2012
Hong Kong, Macau Trip
is it cheaper if you go to Macau first, then travel to Hong Kong via ferry? Or the other way around? I'm just wondering what would be the best option for my upcoming vacation.
kachou_n responded to Hong Kong, Macau Trip on 17 Nov 2012
Well, first of all run a few searches to compare airfare ticket prices - I did and apparently tickets are more expensive to Macau than to Hong Kong. Obviously it depends on your departure location too. I ran a search for LAX->Macau, best price came in was $1,122 from Eva Air. Same search for LAX->Hong Kong returns $896 as best price with China Air.
tylerd responded to Hong Kong, Macau Trip on 17 Nov 2012
@kachou_n: agreed.
@CReneFriborg: what is your departure and your travel dates?
itachan responded to Hong Kong, Macau Trip on 4 Dec 2012
It would make sense if your destination would be Macau and not Hong Kong. Flights to Macau tends to be more expensive.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

return ticket flexibility

Recent Topics in Hong Kong Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
jqwu return ticket flexibility
by jqwu on 1 Mar 11 (inside Hong Kong) Please advise whether the return flight can be rescheduled for a 6 month ticket from JFK to HKG on Cathay Pacific?
1 61 MadSuh
4 Mar 11 >>
Recent activity from CReneFriborg
CReneFriborg added a new post in the topic New traveler
Welcome to Travel Grove. You can always post questions regarding travelling and we will be here to help. Enjoy your stay here. :)
CReneFriborg added a new post in the topic Top 10 Canadian Beaches
Interesting. I have relatives near the Wreck Beach in Vancouver and they told me its really beautiful. And I would like to go there soon.…
CReneFriborg added a new post in the topic Top 5 destinations
Ohh, this is interesting. My top 5 countries would be:
1. France
2. China
3. UAE
4. Spain
5. Cambodia
CReneFriborg added a new post in the topic Best places to travel to
I would suggest Thailand. They have great culture, food, transportation system and, of course, people are very welcoming. You can always visit different temples, The…
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it