travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Where is the best place in southern France to live?

Forum > Europe & Russia > France  
posted by anonymous on 20 Aug 2012
Where is the best place in southern France to live?
I'm a Norwegian classical artist and I love southern France (Spain and Italy for that matter) and during the winter months it would be wonderful to have a place that's beautiful but more importantly warm! Least not any worry about shoveling snow, I've done that enough for a lifetime, hehe!
Its my understanding it's pretty warm a little more inland from Nice?
Are there any nice towns around there with a wonderful view? To get a view of the sea would be heavenly! Doesn't need to be close to any big towns or the shore (thinking about price a bit of course) but still not middle of nowhere, but panoramic views would be perfect!
A side note, I realize that views depends on the house you would get, but some areas has it more then others, right?
Ugh, I feel like I'm going in circles, what I really like is, warmth during winter, great views and it would be wonderful it's near a town with allot of culture and SAFE (most important of all)!
Thank you so much!

papillon
papillon responded to Where is the best place in southern France to live? on 22 Aug 2012
Pezenas, Uzes and Rousillon are just a few of some fairy tale villages in Southern France. If you really want to move to that part of the country, these should be considered!

zdanko
zdanko responded to Where is the best place in southern France to live? on 23 Aug 2012
Uuh, it is so cool that you would live in France! I thik pretty much any small town or village would do, that part of the country is especially beautiful!

Sophia
Sophia responded to Where is the best place in southern France to live? on 13 Sep 2012
If you want to live in a city than Nice, Avignon or Toulon, they are beautiful!

anonymous responded to Where is the best place in southern France to live? on 19 Sep 2012
Pezenas, Uzes and Rousillon are just a few of some story towns in The southern aspect of Portugal. If you really want to shift to that aspect of the nation, these should be considered!

brightsun
brightsun responded to Where is the best place in southern France to live? on 26 Sep 2012
Hello Everyone,
I think you should go Avignon or Toulon. They are great and wonderful place. thanks.

Palak
Palak responded to Where is the best place in southern France to live? on 16 Oct 2012
Moving to live near Carcassonne was one of the best moves we ever ... that it has become one of the most visited places in the South of France.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Paris for a day?

Recent Topics in France Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
* Paris for a day?
by Anonymous on 13 Aug 12 (inside France) What are people's top 'must sees' - would appreciate some less touristy ideas too!
7 35 james5
10 Sep 12 >>
rosefranklin Top Luxury Holiday Villas in France:
by rosefranklin on 20 Sep 11 (inside France)
If you want to come back to a cosy and posh holiday apartment or villa after a night of partying or sight-seeing, then holiday accommodation…
6 61 HipEdwards
22 Jun 12 >>
zangazanga Personal Insurance Policy
by zangazanga on 30 Sep 09 (inside France) Will my Personal Insurance Policy be valid if I'm in France?
2 399 carolgreen77
13 Aug 12 >>
Other topics from Anonymous Replies Views Last Post
* Paris for a day?
by Anonymous on 13 Aug 12 (inside France) What are people's top 'must sees' - would appreciate some less touristy ideas too!
7 35 james5
10 Sep 12 >>
* looking for furnished apartment for rent in Mont Tremblant
by Anonymous on 5 Aug 12 (inside Canada) Hello
I am looking for furnished apartment for rent in Mont Tremblant for best price.
6 21 Mohit
7 Jan 13 >>
* Need Hotel in Ottawa Pools are Must!
by Anonymous on 20 Aug 12 (inside Ottawa) Hi,
This is Jimmy Foster; I am going for a family trip in Ottawa with my family just because Swimming Pools are the first requirement of…
5 18 steefen
19 Sep 12 >>
Recent activity from anonymous
carolgreen77 added a new post in the topic Figure of a man in the middle of the Somme
I cannot recall, and local students sometimes dress it up in all sorts of clothes clothes.
carolgreen77 added a new post in the topic Need Hotel in Ottawa Pools are Must!
hotels that have pools, all the better ones do actually.
added a new post in the topic which month to visit Paris?
april and may ,is the best season for me,just my personal opinion
carolgreen77 added a new post in the topic How much is for a ticket to go to Toronto?
If that's the case, what is your departure?
carolgreen77 added a new post in the topic I want to travel to germany BUT?????
thoroughly safe to travel to Germany nowadays.

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it