travelgrove travel forums

Is traveling to Africa for volunteer dangerous?

Forum > Africa & Middle East > Egypt  
posted by deontebt on 23 Nov 2012
Is traveling to Africa for volunteer dangerous?
I really want to travel to Africa to help the poor and hunger with an organization, but my parents are so against it, they think that it is dangerous and worry that I will get kill there. So can you tell me if it is really that dangerous???
lindamura responded to Is traveling to Africa for volunteer dangerous? on 4 Dec 2012
No, it's not. Many young people are volunteering in Africa each year, it is not like how it was 25 years ago. It's not the same as being in Europe or USA but it's safe.
EdwardLeigh responded to Is traveling to Africa for volunteer dangerous? on 11 Dec 2012
Hello Friends,

Yes its perfectly safe, I work with exchange students at the University of Nairobi who come from allover the world to teach students in slum areas during their breaks and so far all of them have had a blast, here.
Just make sure you have someone to take you around who is trustworthy, do some research on the prices of things(people WILL con you if they can). Buy food from clean looking areas and if its packaged look for a KEBS(Kenya bureau of standards) sticker. Get and keep the phone numbers of Kenya Tourist Police(+254 020 2727844) just in in case you get lost or something like that. Organize your trip especially accommodation and finances before hand & travel from the airport, keep a map with you and should you be lost with no means of communication ask for directions to the nearest hotel. Most people speak English so communication shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Edward Leigh
adsafaris responded to Is traveling to Africa for volunteer dangerous? on 14 Dec 2012
Travelling to africa is safer than before.As Edward puts it,the kenya tourist police and the kenya tourism federation ensure maximum visitor security.If you are interested,we organize volunteer programs to children homes and can offer you a placement in any where we have a vacancy.At a small cost,food will be provided,accomodation in a homestay as you get the opportunity to stay in a homestay in the host destination and enjoy excursions and tours whenever you are free.A mobile phone can be leased to you at very affordable rate to enhance your communication.Like this Christmas period,we have 3 chances to enjoy your Christmas while putting a smile on a child's face in a children's home.For more information on reservation,kindly email or call +254710122303.Hope you find this information useful.
mikytamp responded to Is traveling to Africa for volunteer dangerous? on 21 Jan 2013
Yes! A tour to Africa may make every person feel very happy. There are so many beautiful places in Africa to enjoy.
steefen responded to Is traveling to Africa for volunteer dangerous? on 28 Jan 2013
I think this is not dangerous.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

What do I need for Egypt travel? Basic General Travel Tips for Egypt

Recent Topics in Egypt Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
ZennyMorag Basic General Travel Tips for Egypt
by ZennyMorag on 4 Nov 14 (inside Egypt) Egypt is one of the oldest and beautiful countries throughout the world.Basic thing you will do before visits this country .
1- valid passport and entry…
1 25 josephrichie99
23 Dec 14 >>
jack_zack What do I need for Egypt travel?
by jack_zack on 25 Jul 12 (inside Egypt) i'll Travel to Egypt with my Wife soon and i want to know what i need
3 16 danpop
16 Aug 12 >>
avatartravel Egypt Easter vacation for $949
by avatartravel on 28 Feb 12 (inside Egypt) Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour
$ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320
DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at…
8 19 avatartravel
27 Mar 12 >>
cleopatra flight to egypt
by cleopatra on 24 Apr 11 (inside Egypt) Hi,I need information on a cheap flight from JFK TO CAI
24 nov to 9 dec,2 guest ,non stop ,waiting for informations thank
1 69 ainoChan
7 Jun 11 >>
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it