travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Ever Heard of the Cebu, Philippines?

Forum > Australasia & South Pacific > Philippines > Cebu  
ultimatetravel
posted by ultimatetravel on 16 May 2009
Ever Heard of the Cebu, Philippines?
It is one of islands in the Philippines dubbed as the "queen city of the south." The size of the island is quite the same size of that Singapore.

The best part is? It houses beautiful beaches to die for, green scenery, old churches dated back 300-400 years ago, and breath-taking natural water resources such as water falls, spring, rivers etc.

Most people here do speak English so communication will not be a barrier.

--This is an island where I was born, grew up with and get married with and for sure this is the place where I want to grow old with my husband. Wouldn't exchange it for anything in the world.

zlori
zlori responded to Ever Heard of the Cebu, Philippines? on 18 May 2009
Hey,
It sounds very well, I just picked up Cebu to my visit-in-next-10-years list. :) Of course I like my hometown too, but I think not as much as you do yours. Regards and thanks for sharing this!

ultimatetravel
ultimatetravel responded to Ever Heard of the Cebu, Philippines? on 18 May 2009
Thanks Zlori for making Cebu as part of your list. When you ever decided to come here, I will be glad to be your tourist guide and my hubby will take us to the nice places here that we both fell in love.

I loved my hometown very much since nothing compares to Cebu also too many people are working abroad, traveling other countries and they became strangers to their homeland which is kinda sad. This is the reason why I want to explore Cebu first, the whole Philippines and next the world:)

Guinevere1988
Guinevere1988 responded to Ever Heard of the Cebu, Philippines? on 18 May 2009
A beautiful, warm and tropical island? This sounds like a must-see. I always wanted to go to a nice island for my honeymoon, this might just be it. However, I might wait for a while until I get married, but hey, I can start putting away some money for visiting the island. :D
My question would be if European countries need a VISA or not to visit your place?
Take care,
Guinevere

ultimatetravel
ultimatetravel responded to Ever Heard of the Cebu, Philippines? on 18 May 2009
Guinevere1988, there is no need to have a visa just to come here in the Philippines esp. in Cebu. Tourists are given 21 days and can stay here within 21 days without the hassle of getting a visa. However, if you plan to stay more than that you can always get the visa on Bureau of Immigration here in our place to extend your stay. You will pay around $100 (US dollars) or less to have your visa.

lifecruiser
lifecruiser responded to Ever Heard of the Cebu, Philippines? on 22 May 2009
Yep, I've heard of it and has been tempted to add it to our list of places to go. I might do that if we ever take up our old plans to go to the Philippines :-)

Tudi
Tudi responded to Ever Heard of the Cebu, Philippines? on 22 May 2009
Never been there myself but I just checked out some articles on the Internet, quite a lovely location and I can understand why you wouldn't want to move away.

Also had a chat with some guy from Medellin, I think it's pretty close by, isn't it? He's an American, but he was tempted to stay there; must be something magical about those islands of yours :)

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Mrs. Tom

Recent Topics in Cebu Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
bebie1257 Mrs. Tom
by bebie1257 on 12 Oct 10 (inside Cebu) Please give me a price quote on an airline ticket from Tampa, FL to Cebu, Philippines on either December 18, 19, 20 for 14 days.…
0 339 bebie1257
12 Oct 10 >>
Other topics from ultimatetravel Replies Views Last Post
ultimatetravel Your Best Travel Experience?
by ultimatetravel on 16 May 09 (inside General Talk) I want to know what is your best travel experience you ever have and why.
I love traveling atleast through your answers I can get some…
1 758 johnnymorre
15 Jan 12 >>
ultimatetravel Come, Visit Cebu!
by ultimatetravel on 16 May 09 (inside Philippines) For questions about traveling to Cebu and different destinations, I will be more than willing to answer all your queries.
6 268 mikytamp
25 Feb 13 >>
ultimatetravel Remember your first ride in an airplane?
by ultimatetravel on 16 May 09 (inside General Talk) Me? It was just few months ago together with my hubby we went to Manila to get some important document from the embassy.
It was kinda…
7 384 ultimatetravel
5 Jun 09 >>
ultimatetravel System to track the points of every user?
by ultimatetravel on 17 May 09 (inside Travelgrove Q and A) I was just wondering, maybe Travelgrove can add up a feature wherein below or above the avatar or profile pic, the points earned by the…
0 359 ultimatetravel
17 May 09 >>
ultimatetravel Reward to the Most Active member?
by ultimatetravel on 17 May 09 (inside Travelgrove Q and A) I have been so quiet in the past and now back in action full blast and got addicted to Travelgrove already. It has gotten to…
1 372 danpop
7 Jun 09 >>
Recent activity from ultimatetravel
ultimatetravel added a new post in the topic Come, Visit Cebu!
By the way one more thing, my husband rode on Korean Air and it's inclusive of meals already.
I have researched about the flight and…
ultimatetravel added a new post in the topic Come, Visit Cebu!
Im not sure about the ticket from Budapest to Cebu, my husband paid around 600 pounds round trip ticket from Heathrow, UK then stop over…
ultimatetravel added a new post in the topic How to make it better?
I wish there would be a chatting system here, or maybe a shout box wherein the members can interact with other members in real time.
ultimatetravel added a new post in the topic Remember your first ride in an airplane?
@ Wazling: That was 14 years ago that you had your first ride on a plane. For sure it was quite interesting;) I bet Greece…
ultimatetravel added a new post in the topic Remember your first ride in an airplane?
@ lifecruiser: Oh, you have seen how advanced our technologies are now in terms of traveling, a 60min flight before become of a 25min ride…

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it