travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Simple Guide of Beijing

Forum > Asia > China > Beijing  
ccts
posted by ccts on 6 Jan 2009
Simple Guide of Beijing
Beijing is always the first destination for travelers. I am glad to tell you that Beijing will be really a surprise to you.

There are five main attractions in Beijing, including the Great wall, the Ming Tombs, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace and the Temple of Heaven. The fist I'd like to recommend is certainly the Great Wall. It is world-famous and I believe travelers are all know about it. After the tour to the Great Wall, you will visit the Ming Tombs where 13 emperors of Ming Dynasty are buried. In there, you will be amazed at the magnificent imperial buildings. Locating to the Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City is famous for its imperial construction. It was the palace in Ming and Qing Dynasty and where altogether 24 emperors lived and reigned. The Summer Palace is a well-preserved and largest imperial garden. It is a rare masterpiece of garden arts for its ingenious design. The Temple of Heaven is a place for emperors to worship the God and pray for good harvest.

It is will be a pity if you visit Beijing without having a look to the Hutong of Beijing which is symbol of traditional Beijing. The most famous Hutong is the Luoguoxiang and Maoer.

I am also recommend that you should have a visit to Wangfujing Street where are scattered with the traditional stores of Beijing. And you can also go shopping in the Silk Street which is famous for a variety of tourist souvenirs.

If you are an enthusiast of nightlife, the best place for you is the Sanlituan Bar Street and Houhai Bar street where are many bars in different styles. And the bar in 798 Art Zone is also a good choice.

http://www.cctsbeijing.com
E-mail: Tourinfo@cctsbeijing.com
MSN:Maozedong_XL@hotmail.com

zlori
zlori responded to Simple Guide of Beijing on 7 Jan 2009
Post an entry to the community section of this domain too - I just found your post accidentally. Forbidden City sounds interestingly - is there any memorial btw. on the Tiananmen Square?

ccts
ccts responded to Simple Guide of Beijing on 7 Jan 2009
Besides Chairman Mao Zedong Memorial Hall, There are China Museum and Chinese Currency Museum near the Tiananmen Square.

stef
stef responded to Simple Guide of Beijing on 8 Jan 2009
How expensive is there lodging and food?
I don't mean 5 stars hotel or so; something average for usual traveller budget.

zlori
zlori responded to Simple Guide of Beijing on 8 Jan 2009
I have another question, do Chinese people understand and speak English well? And are there any legends and signs in English too?

ccts
ccts responded to Simple Guide of Beijing on 8 Jan 2009
the 3 stars hotel Double Room in Beijing is 300RMB more or less one night.

The food in Beijing, i don't think it is expensive. The Wangfujing Snack Street which is near Tiananmen Square is an ideal place for tasting foods with chinese characteristics.

But the Beijing Quanjude Roasted Duck is a little expensive about 168RMB per person.

ccts
ccts responded to Simple Guide of Beijing on 8 Jan 2009
There are many english signs in Beijing, Please don't worry about it.

In fact, there are not many people can understand and speak english very well. But, if you need help, you'd better to ask young people. Many young people can understand a few english. Many Chinese people are very friendly to foreigners, you can ask them freely, they will try their best to help you.

joem
joem responded to Simple Guide of Beijing on 17 Aug 2011
Some Chinese do speak good English. They just need immersion in an English-speaking culture. But their accent is generally horrible and they usually make lots of mistakes because their grammar is even much easier than the English one

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Travel in China - The Sanlitun Bar Street

Recent Topics in Beijing Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
ccts Travel in China - The Sanlitun Bar Street
by ccts on 3 Jan 09 (inside Beijing) Sanlitun Bar Street is one of the most charming entertainment areas for night life. Numerous foreigners and rich Chinese are the main customers. It is…
0 648 ccts
3 Jan 09 >>
szhao airline ticket from Boston to Beijing
by szhao on 19 Nov 08 (inside Beijing) I just booked a ticket from Boston to Beijing on 19 Dec from one of your
ticket provider, called tavel grove. But I didn't receive any…
1 1062 zlori
19 Nov 08 >>
Other topics from ccts Replies Views Last Post
ccts Travel in China - The Sanlitun Bar Street
by ccts on 3 Jan 09 (inside Beijing) Sanlitun Bar Street is one of the most charming entertainment areas for night life. Numerous foreigners and rich Chinese are the main customers. It is…
0 648 ccts
3 Jan 09 >>
ccts The Reasons of Traveling in China
by ccts on 12 Jan 09 (inside China) Recently, the tourism industry of China is booming. More and more people list China as their tourist destination. Why do you want to have a…
2 404 itachan
6 Dec 12 >>
ccts Do You Like Ancient Water Towns in China?
by ccts on 13 Jan 09 (inside China) Far away from the hustle and bustle of modern city, the ancient towns display idyllic landscapes and secluded tranquility to you. Being famous for its…
0 850 ccts
13 Jan 09 >>
ccts Are You Interest in Shaolin Temple?
by ccts on 15 Jan 09 (inside Zhengzhou) Located at the Northern foot of the Shaoshi Mountain, 100 kilometers away from Zhengzhou, Henan Province, the Shaolin Temple is cradle of China's Shaolin Kung…
0 408 ccts
15 Jan 09 >>
ccts Have You Ever Been to Xian
by ccts on 5 Feb 09 (inside Xian) I am very interest in the six ancient capitals in China. I have been to five other ancient capitals: Luoyang, Kaifeng, Beijing, Nanjing and Hangzhou.…
1 703 welt-raiser
10 Jun 11 >>
Recent activity from ccts
ccts started the topic Four Skills to Save on your Travel Budget
Travel Budget is the first things you need to consider when you have a plan to travel. If you know about some skills, money can…
ccts started the topic Have You Ever Been to Xian
I am very interest in the six ancient capitals in China. I have been to five other ancient capitals: Luoyang, Kaifeng, Beijing, Nanjing and Hangzhou.…
ccts started the topic Are You Interest in Shaolin Temple?
Located at the Northern foot of the Shaoshi Mountain, 100 kilometers away from Zhengzhou, Henan Province, the Shaolin Temple is cradle of China's Shaolin Kung…
ccts started the topic Do You Like Ancient Water Towns in China?
Far away from the hustle and bustle of modern city, the ancient towns display idyllic landscapes and secluded tranquility to you. Being famous for its…
ccts started the topic The Reasons of Traveling in China
Recently, the tourism industry of China is booming. More and more people list China as their tourist destination. Why do you want to have a…

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it