Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
This 2,000-year old city was once a small Roman settlement on the banks of Thames. Many Paleolithic flints and Mesolithic axes were found by Archaeologists in various parts of London. Thames being a multicultural city of over seven million inhabitants is a result of the many invaders who came to the Thames. The Romans were the first group who established the first permanent settlement, a city they called Londinium, in 43 A.D. Londinium was soon burnt to the ground because of the uprisings led by Queen Boudicca in 60 or 61 A.D. London's position lead to more invasions. ... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
What to do in London - Feb 22, 2006, by travelgrove-editor
London, one of the world's greatest cities, offers a bountiful array of attractions and activities. For those intrigue with the royals, to the adventure seeker, to those who want to take in all the major museums and attractions this city... Read more »
Finding a good hotel deals in London get to know how easy... - Jun 14, 2012, by abhinavjains
If you are planning a trip to London it is best adviced to book a hotels in london in advance. There are many hotel options available online. But to get a best deal you need to serach alot. Here is a good website londonhotels4u.com which... Read more »
First impression about London - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
In April 2007, I visited London alongside my three colleagues I was with at a scholarship in Lille, a friend from the hostel where we stayed and a colleague from the university lab. Of course we were very excited about this trip and eager... Read more »
London is the best place to visit - Aug 30, 2009, by bicska
I am sure I am not alone with the feeling that London is the best city ever and anywhere... Well I really love that capital city and only because I spent there one of the best weeks in my life, but because that city is alive and you can... Read more »
What to know about the Buckingham Palace - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Buckingham Palace was built in 1703 and was expanded in 1761, with a total of 600 rooms is the official residence of the British monarchy since 1837. Ever since Queen Victoria moved here brought the custom to fly the flag on the building as... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Dubai reviews - United Arab Emirates
This was an interesting trip. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was certainly surprised. I think that most people living in the Western World...
A Few Days Vacation in Dubai
Kehrsatz reviews - Switzerland
After 21 days I can say, I like to live here. It's the most interesting end beautiful place I have ever been to. the first is just unbelievable for...
Must visit Kehrsatz
Peniscola reviews - Spain
Peniscola (Stadt im Meer) Über Peniscola Peniscola liegt mitten im spanischen Mittelmeer. Auf der Insel fehlen Orangen-, Oliven- und...
Sie müssen sehen Peniscola
Polangui reviews - Philippines
Polangui is one of the towns in the Province of Albay situated in the Bicol Region. The latter is found in Southern Luzon. I had the privilege to...
Polangui is a pearl of The Philippines
Satu Mare reviews - Romania
Satu Mare is a small town in Romania, having almost 100.000 inhabitants. It is located in the north-western part of Romania, in Satu Mare County,...
All about Satu Mare
Saint Petersburg reviews - Russia
Wo liegt Sankt Petersburg? Sankt Petersburg liegt im Nordwesten Russlands und wurde 1703 gegründet von Peter dem Großen. Sankt...
Erfahrungen in Sankt Petersburg
Detroit reviews - Michigan
Detroit is a large city in the state of Michigan and the seat of Wayne County. It is a main port city on Detroit River, in the Midwest area of the...
The short story of Detroit
Los Angeles reviews - California
From Mickey, to Golden Gate Bridge, to wine country, and to the Governator. This is California. California also known as the land of...
All you have to know about Los Angeles
San Diego reviews - California
In the past, just the Kumeyaay people colonized the small city, which is currently recognized as San Diego. This city is now famous for being the...
And so it bacame San Diego...
San Francisco reviews - California
After a long walk from downtown of SF to the North Beach on Fisherman's Wharf, we decided to take a city tour. From the plenty of opportunities we...
City tour in San Francisco