Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Christianity, which was introduced by the Romans, shaped so much of London’s history. In fact, the first St. Paul’s Cathedral was built in 604 A.D. in London. King Edward the Confessor moved his court to Westminster Abbey, thus enhancing the city’s importance. King William was crowned in Westminster Abbey in 1066. He made the Tower of London which he used as his home and fortress. London Bridge, made of stone, was built in 1476. Medieval London was so brutal because of the Black Plague or the Black Death. It appeared in 1348, and repeated its outbreak in 1665. Not all of London’s mishaps lead futile. The Great Fire of... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
Finding a good hotel deals in London get to know how easy... - Jun 14, 2012, by abhinavjains
If you are planning a trip to London it is best adviced to book a hotels in london in advance. There are many hotel options available online. But to get a best deal you need to serach alot. Here is a good website londonhotels4u.com which... Read more »
First impression about London - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
In April 2007, I visited London alongside my three colleagues I was with at a scholarship in Lille, a friend from the hostel where we stayed and a colleague from the university lab. Of course we were very excited about this trip and eager... Read more »
What to know about the Buckingham Palace - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Buckingham Palace was built in 1703 and was expanded in 1761, with a total of 600 rooms is the official residence of the British monarchy since 1837. Ever since Queen Victoria moved here brought the custom to fly the flag on the building as... Read more »
A short trip to London from Lille - Jun 28, 2009, by danpop
It was way back in 2007. I was a fellowship student in Lille, France, along with three other colleagues from Oradea, Romania: Ioana, Csilla and Daniel. One day, at the end of March I think, we heard about a really interesting offer for a... Read more »
Big Ben, a must see in London - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Big Ben is the largest four-dial clock in the world. The bell inside is 13.5 tons, and the clock with the four dials has a diameter of 7 meters. The name of Big Ben comes from Benjamin Hall, the man who commissioned its installation. Big... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Thun reviews - Switzerland
What can you do in this small city? Well I would say everything, really. It's a small, but really attractive city between the Alps and Thun lake....
A lot of things to do in Thun Switzerland
Chengtu reviews - China
Porsche is one of the best branded cars that everyone loves to own. But when you own it, taking it for service is as necessary as you buy it with...
Luxor reviews - Egypt
Luxor is one of the oldest cities in the world, with over 7000 years old. It is situated on the border of the river Nil in the center of Egypt, in...
Luxor for first time visitors
Windermere reviews - United Kingdom
Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard,...
Applegarth Hotel Windermere
Gythion reviews - Greece
I was very disappointed to see uncollected garbage piled on many of the city streets of this otherwise pretty city. It smells badly and is a health...
Debrecen reviews - Hungary
On a Sunday we decided to visit the Zoo in Debrecen with some friends and colleagues from the university. We had a GPS so we found the Zoo easily....
A trip to the Debrecen Zoo
Cockburn Town reviews - Turks And Caicos Islands
A cruise in the Caribbean is everyone’s dream. The services are excellent and you can’t expect anything but top quality accommodation...
East Caribbean Vacation
Boston reviews - Massachusetts
Boston is not just famous for Red Sox! If you decide to visit this meticulous capital then you will be surprised to know more. If you want to go...
Discover Boston's attractions
Miami reviews - Florida
Florida discovered by the Spaniards in their search for the mythical 'Fountain of Youth', still to this day attracts the young or young at heart...
The seven wonders of Florida
Hintertux reviews - Austria
Hintertux is the name of a glacier situated 3476 m above sea level in the Zillertal valley of Tyrol and the little village at its foot. The great...
My favorite Austrian ski resort