Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
There’s so much more London has to offer, all forms of entertainment, all kinds of music, all dance grooves with unique ambience for each club or bar. Entrance to pubs is free; charges will apply if there are live performances then. Enjoy the music at over 5,000 plus pubs scattered at almost every corner of London’s streets, hang out with friends while drinking wine, or dine at some of the world’s famous restaurants only found in London. Enjoy supple meals each according to your preference. So much to see, so much to enjoy, one night is not enough. You’ll definitely consider staying for another night in London and enjoy the... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
How to travel safely in London - Nov 24, 2009, by johnnybravo
Test Like a typical Americans, I like to go on frequent vacations and I expect that you too like traveling. If you want to take a vacation break, it doesn't actually mean that you're guaranteed with safety. But we should never disregard the... Read more »
London is the best place to visit - Aug 30, 2009, by bicska
I am sure I am not alone with the feeling that London is the best city ever and anywhere... Well I really love that capital city and only because I spent there one of the best weeks in my life, but because that city is alive and you can... Read more »
Big Ben, a must see in London - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Big Ben is the largest four-dial clock in the world. The bell inside is 13.5 tons, and the clock with the four dials has a diameter of 7 meters. The name of Big Ben comes from Benjamin Hall, the man who commissioned its installation. Big... Read more »
Photographing in London - May 29, 2009, by bicska
The Subject: The art of photgraphing architectural masterpieces is a technique that requires dedication and discipline, Julius Shulman has perfected this art. Initially published in 1962, this was Shulman's first book, and he still... Read more »
The third day of my London trip - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
It was another night with a small amount of sleep. It wasn’t because of the striking beauty that I saw during the day, in London, it wasn’t even because I didn’t felt comfortable with another 12 souls in the same room. It... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Bruges reviews - Belgium
Bruges is Belgiums most well-preserved historic town. It is situated at the Flemish Region. It is well known for it's exceptional architecture...
Santo Domingo reviews - Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic is located on the Hispaniola Island, which it shares with Haiti. Before its discovery by the Europeans, the Dominican...
Great vacation in Santo Domingo
Saint-tropez reviews - France
Everybody has dreams. Everybody has dreams about places to see. A few have their dreams fulfilled. The rest of us, well, we just keep dreaming, and...
My dream vacation in Saint-Tropez
Herakleion reviews - Greece
The big capital city, touristically overcrowded and offering mostly the typical tourist shops, selling all the rubish you know from other cities....
Heracleion was a great disappointment
New Delhi reviews - India
New Delhi is the capital of India, being built and designed specifically for the purpose of becoming the capital. He received this name since the...
About New Delhi for visitors
Rosarito reviews - Mexico
Well, if you are up for some cheap fun South of the border, go to Rosarito. I never really liked the place though, it's dirty and dangerous a...
Visiting Rosarito in Mexico
Polangui reviews - Philippines
Polangui is one of the towns in the Province of Albay situated in the Bicol Region. The latter is found in Southern Luzon. I had the privilege to...
Polangui is a pearl of The Philippines
Serangoon Garden Estate reviews - Singapore
Serangoon gardens is known for its food as well as entertainment. There is a famous eatery place named "Chomp Chomp". it is just...
Chomp Chomp at Serangoon gardens
Santa Monica reviews - California
After 3 days of heavy eating and drinking, I finally had some time on my own to visit Venice. I cannot believe I couldn't make it out here earlier,...
Getting around in Venice Beach
Schruns reviews - Austria
Schruns itself isnt a big village. Some kind of normal, small town, lying close to some mountains, great for skiing. One of these is the so called...
Wonderful sky area