Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Even if London is one of the cities with most video surveillance cameras, watch out for your belongings in crowded places as that’s where pickpockets operate. Tourism is highly developed and you don’t have to wander about what to do or where to go first, from the moment you arrive you can get tons of information from the many free brochures you can pick right from the airport or from the tourist information centre. You’ll get to know everything from accommodation possibilities to great places visit, eat and relax.Attractions If we were to list all the attractions in London the list would be too long for you to follow so we... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
Finding a good hotel deals in London get to know how easy... - Jun 14, 2012, by abhinavjains
If you are planning a trip to London it is best adviced to book a hotels in london in advance. There are many hotel options available online. But to get a best deal you need to serach alot. Here is a good website londonhotels4u.com which... Read more »
What to do in London - Feb 22, 2006, by travelgrove-editor
London, one of the world's greatest cities, offers a bountiful array of attractions and activities. For those intrigue with the royals, to the adventure seeker, to those who want to take in all the major museums and attractions this city... Read more »
First impression about London - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
In April 2007, I visited London alongside my three colleagues I was with at a scholarship in Lille, a friend from the hostel where we stayed and a colleague from the university lab. Of course we were very excited about this trip and eager... Read more »
The attractions of London - Mar 7, 2008, by lindamura
Visit London. London, one of the world's greatest cities, offers a bountiful array of attractions and activities. For those intrigue with the royals, to the adventure seeker, to those who want to take in all the major museums and... Read more »
A short trip to London from Lille - Jun 28, 2009, by danpop
It was way back in 2007. I was a fellowship student in Lille, France, along with three other colleagues from Oradea, Romania: Ioana, Csilla and Daniel. One day, at the end of March I think, we heard about a really interesting offer for a... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Niagara Falls reviews - Ontario
This was my second trip to the Niagara Falls. I was here about 17 years ago, so it's been a while. However, it was perfectly stuck in my memories....
Watching the Niagara Falls from Canada
Martigny reviews - Switzerland
Martigny is a nice small town in Switzerland at the area of the 'Wallis'. It's not so big, but the place offers you a good museum, showing you the...
Martigny, a great place to relax in Switzerland
Blesle reviews - France
Blesle is a small village in Haute-Loire department, Auvergne region, central France. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and...
What to see in Blesle
Debrecen reviews - Hungary
On a Sunday we decided to visit the Zoo in Debrecen with some friends and colleagues from the university. We had a GPS so we found the Zoo easily....
A trip to the Debrecen Zoo
Selva Di Cadore reviews - Italy
Situated in the north eastern part Italy, part of the Italian Alps are called the Dolomites, known as the geological jewel of this part visited by...
The Italian Alps
Curtea de Arges reviews - Romania
We had chosen a longer way to get home (back to the motel) but I'm glad we did so. We had the opportunity to visit the Vidraru Lake, one of the...
Short trip to the Vidraru Lake, Romania
Krabi reviews - Thailand
Today was great, we finally went to some of the most awesome islands and beaches Thailand has to offer. We booked a boat trip with about 15 other...
The best beaches and islands of Thailand
El Djem reviews - Tunisia
Going by car at Tunisia can be very funny, especially if you dont know the area. When we left Kairoun, we could find some street signs, but soon...
Adventures on the Kairouan to El Djem road
Crested Butte reviews - Colorado
Crested Butte, just as its name suggests, is a secluded resort in southwest Colorado three miles from the town of Crested Butte. Its location in...
Relaxation and nature in Crested Butte, CO
Sinaia reviews - Romania
Sinaia resort is situated in Prahova county, at the foot of Bucegi Mountains, at 60 km distance from Ploiesti and 50 km from Brasov. It is a major...
Hiking and ski in Sinaia, Romania