Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Christianity, which was introduced by the Romans, shaped so much of London’s history. In fact, the first St. Paul’s Cathedral was built in 604 A.D. in London. King Edward the Confessor moved his court to Westminster Abbey, thus enhancing the city’s importance. King William was crowned in Westminster Abbey in 1066. He made the Tower of London which he used as his home and fortress. London Bridge, made of stone, was built in 1476. Medieval London was so brutal because of the Black Plague or the Black Death. It appeared in 1348, and repeated its outbreak in 1665. Not all of London’s mishaps lead futile. The Great Fire of... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
The Second Day of my London vacation - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
After we woke and I had to stay in line to brush my teeth, because we only had one sink and there were 13 of us, we brought in a hurry something to eat for that day, and we went to see the ceremony of Changing the Guard at the Buckingham... Read more »
The third day of my London trip - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
It was another night with a small amount of sleep. It wasn’t because of the striking beauty that I saw during the day, in London, it wasn’t even because I didn’t felt comfortable with another 12 souls in the same room. It... Read more »
The attractions of London - Mar 7, 2008, by lindamura
Visit London. London, one of the world's greatest cities, offers a bountiful array of attractions and activities. For those intrigue with the royals, to the adventure seeker, to those who want to take in all the major museums and... Read more »
Traveling around in London - Sep 7, 2009, by Guinevere1988
London is one of the greatest cities of the world and not just in the "geographical" sense of the word. For the first time there I was very confused, but after the third visit I got used to the taste of the city. Before going I... Read more »
Big Ben, a must see in London - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Big Ben is the largest four-dial clock in the world. The bell inside is 13.5 tons, and the clock with the four dials has a diameter of 7 meters. The name of Big Ben comes from Benjamin Hall, the man who commissioned its installation. Big... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Berlin reviews - Germany
Berlin wissen sie wo das liegt ich weiß es im osten Deutschlands dort gibt es das Brandenburger Tor,Schlösser und viele Museun...
Luxor reviews - Egypt
Luxor is one of the oldest cities in the world, with over 7000 years old. It is situated on the border of the river Nil in the center of Egypt, in...
Luxor for first time visitors
Rosarito reviews - Mexico
Well, if you are up for some cheap fun South of the border, go to Rosarito. I never really liked the place though, it's dirty and dangerous a...
Visiting Rosarito in Mexico
Covasna reviews - Romania
We organized a trip from Covasna to a place called The Castle of the Fairies, near Covasna. We just had it on foot but it was really long way. But...
Visiting the Castle of the Fairies in Covasna
Vadu Crisului reviews - Romania
After ending our hiking trip we walked a bit to a bridge. We went to the other side because we knew that a waterfall can be seen there. We were...
Caving at Vadu Crisului
San Francisco reviews - California
San Francisco generally is considered one of the most charming cities in the US, and I totally agree with that. It's a very popular tourist...
Altenmarkt/Zauchensee reviews - Austria
Zauchensee is located in an area that is 1,350m above sea level and this height together with the position of the resort assures skiers plenty of...
Zauchensee, a great ski resort in Austria
Arosa reviews - Switzerland
Arosa is a small mountain resort in Switzerland. It was discovered in 1883 as a health resort, but after a few years it became a winter resort. It...
Snowboard and ski in Arosa
Schruns reviews - Austria
Schruns itself isnt a big village. Some kind of normal, small town, lying close to some mountains, great for skiing. One of these is the so called...
Wonderful sky area
Sinaia reviews - Romania
This castle was very different from the previous ones mainly because it was built between 1873 and 1883, so it's "new" compared to the...
Visiting the Peles Castle near Sinaia