Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Christianity, which was introduced by the Romans, shaped so much of London’s history. In fact, the first St. Paul’s Cathedral was built in 604 A.D. in London. King Edward the Confessor moved his court to Westminster Abbey, thus enhancing the city’s importance. King William was crowned in Westminster Abbey in 1066. He made the Tower of London which he used as his home and fortress. London Bridge, made of stone, was built in 1476. Medieval London was so brutal because of the Black Plague or the Black Death. It appeared in 1348, and repeated its outbreak in 1665. Not all of London’s mishaps lead futile. The Great Fire of... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
First impression about London - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
In April 2007, I visited London alongside my three colleagues I was with at a scholarship in Lille, a friend from the hostel where we stayed and a colleague from the university lab. Of course we were very excited about this trip and eager... Read more »
What to know about the Westminster Abbey - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Westminster Cathedral is the most famous, and beautiful old Gothic cathedral in London.For UK has a great spiritual value in it because here are buried most of the english kings and queens, heroes, poets and other famous people: Elizabeth I... Read more »
The third day of my London trip - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
It was another night with a small amount of sleep. It wasn’t because of the striking beauty that I saw during the day, in London, it wasn’t even because I didn’t felt comfortable with another 12 souls in the same room. It... Read more »
What to do in London - Feb 22, 2006, by travelgrove-editor
London, one of the world's greatest cities, offers a bountiful array of attractions and activities. For those intrigue with the royals, to the adventure seeker, to those who want to take in all the major museums and attractions this city... Read more »
Visiting European capitals - May 23, 2009, by bicska
if you would like to travel in Europe, this could be a nice idea for you: from London to Rome(London, Paris, Bern, Rome) in 20 days! A few tips: 1) with a group of 8, I would start working on accomodations... though you didn't say when... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Szentendre reviews - Hungary
Szentendre is a beautiful little city near the capital of Hungary, Budapest. The historical city center is the best part of it :) Cars are not...
How to get to Szentendre
Covasna reviews - Romania
I want to write a bit about the “adventure” happened on the way to the camp that became the coolest camp I have ever been to. It was in...
Covasna camp adventures
Pietroasa reviews - Romania
Padis is the region located 20 km east wards from the former miner city of Pietroasa. It is a great spot for all kinds of visitors. There are nice...
Family trip to Padis
Hammamet reviews - Tunisia
At the end of the trip we were very pleased to have "survived" the journey, that really dissillusioned us, concerning the country and the...
Bazaar adventures in Hammamet
Canakkale reviews - Turkey
Private gallipoli Guides provides educational,historical,sightseeing and private tours in troy,Turkey.Tours can be customised to fit your budget...
Tours in Gallipoli
Indianapolis reviews - Indiana
Indianapolis is a capital that provides an extensive range of entertainment to guests. It’s the bureaucrat recreational games capital of the...
On vacation in Indianapolis
Las Vegas reviews - Nevada
Las Vegas is situated in the lower part of the state of Nevada and sits in the center of the Mojave Desert, who would have guessed to find in the...
Las Vegas, the Casino City
Wisconsin Dells reviews - Wisconsin
I highly recommend the Glacier Canyon Resort. Located a few miles from downtown Wisconsin Dells. This property has 3 indoor water parks and 3...
Glacier Canyon Resort
Steamboat Springs reviews - Colorado
Mostly known as Ski Town, U.S.A., Steamboat is a unique little town set 7,000 feet up in the Colorado Rockies, but it is one of North...
Steamboat, town in the Colorado Rockies
Telluride reviews - Colorado
Telluride is one of those towns that knew how to build up from scratch, of course with the help of some of its brilliant residents. In the past it...
Hiking and biking in Telluride, CO