Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Christianity, which was introduced by the Romans, shaped so much of London’s history. In fact, the first St. Paul’s Cathedral was built in 604 A.D. in London. King Edward the Confessor moved his court to Westminster Abbey, thus enhancing the city’s importance. King William was crowned in Westminster Abbey in 1066. He made the Tower of London which he used as his home and fortress. London Bridge, made of stone, was built in 1476. Medieval London was so brutal because of the Black Plague or the Black Death. It appeared in 1348, and repeated its outbreak in 1665. Not all of London’s mishaps lead futile. The Great Fire of... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
London,United Kingdom - Feb 4, 2015, by adam
London is the most multicultural city in Europe. The british Capital itself is outstanding. It is very big, cosmopolitan with rich history with a sizable economy. The english metropolis is known for it's too diverse architectural style,... Read more »
Theatres and museums in London - Aug 29, 2009, by bicska
Well, it is my favorite city! It beautiful, it's exciting, it's busy also it can be very calm, with many huge parks in the middle of city. There are many fantastic theatres, where you really should go (tickets from 20 pounds, good places... Read more »
What to know about the Westminster Abbey - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Westminster Cathedral is the most famous, and beautiful old Gothic cathedral in London.For UK has a great spiritual value in it because here are buried most of the english kings and queens, heroes, poets and other famous people: Elizabeth I... Read more »
The third day of my London trip - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
It was another night with a small amount of sleep. It wasn’t because of the striking beauty that I saw during the day, in London, it wasn’t even because I didn’t felt comfortable with another 12 souls in the same room. It... Read more »
Big Ben, a must see in London - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Big Ben is the largest four-dial clock in the world. The bell inside is 13.5 tons, and the clock with the four dials has a diameter of 7 meters. The name of Big Ben comes from Benjamin Hall, the man who commissioned its installation. Big... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Peniscola reviews - Spain
Peniscola (Stadt im Meer) Über Peniscola Peniscola liegt mitten im spanischen Mittelmeer. Auf der Insel fehlen Orangen-, Oliven- und...
Sie müssen sehen Peniscola
Levanto reviews - Italy
This is a nice place, great for everybody who wants to have some beach break and also nature you can walk through. Here the so called 'cinque...
Great beaches at Levanto
Lapu-lapu City reviews - Philippines
This is a review on the Banana Ride of Tambuli Beach Resort. The Ride: I must say the ride was really fun and enjoyable! It exceeded my...
Beaches and Banana Ride in Lapu-lapu
Bangkok reviews - Thailand
Finally I am back in Bangkok. My trip was alright, I was flying with LTU and it turned our to be very convenient. One thing that was funny was that...
Arriving back to Bangkok
Jersey reviews - Arkansas
Get into Princeton – no matter how well you did in school! Take a scenic walking tour of Princeton, the parks are very pleasant and everyone...
Visiting Princeton University
Kissimmee reviews - Florida
I have only been here once, but I really thought that the place was rather boring. Of course, Disneyland is great but then I am too old for that. I...
Disneyland recommended only with kids
Springdale reviews - Utah
Facts * Mukuntuweap National Monument was established in 1909; * This resulted in 1918 in Zion National Monument; *...
Useful facts about Zion National Park, UT
Wisconsin Dells reviews - Wisconsin
I highly recommend the Glacier Canyon Resort. Located a few miles from downtown Wisconsin Dells. This property has 3 indoor water parks and 3...
Glacier Canyon Resort
Predeal reviews - Romania
Predeal resort is situated in the center of Romania between the Bucegi montains, Postavaru, Piatra Mare and Clabucet and between the spring sources...
Short visit to Predeal
Zurs reviews - Austria
Have you heard of it before? If your answer is no than this is probably because you are not among the wealthy and famous! Zurs is the favorite...
Zurs, the home of winter sports