Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Relax and listen to four of the world’s largest orchestras only found in London. You may choose to go to the London Symphony Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra, The Philharmonia, and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Watch the Royal Ballet in Convent Garden or you may also want to go to Theatreland, home to more than twelve musicals playing at discounted tickets. You may also want to go to The National Theatre. If you want a taste of modern life, pubs and clubs are all around London, with over 200 venues to choose from like the world renowned Ministry of Sound, dance to disco music or enjoy the glamour and aura of thriving gay... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
First impression about London - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
In April 2007, I visited London alongside my three colleagues I was with at a scholarship in Lille, a friend from the hostel where we stayed and a colleague from the university lab. Of course we were very excited about this trip and eager... Read more »
How to travel safely in London - Nov 24, 2009, by johnnybravo
Test Like a typical Americans, I like to go on frequent vacations and I expect that you too like traveling. If you want to take a vacation break, it doesn't actually mean that you're guaranteed with safety. But we should never disregard the... Read more »
The attractions of London - Mar 7, 2008, by lindamura
Visit London. London, one of the world's greatest cities, offers a bountiful array of attractions and activities. For those intrigue with the royals, to the adventure seeker, to those who want to take in all the major museums and... Read more »
Photographing in London - May 29, 2009, by bicska
The Subject: The art of photgraphing architectural masterpieces is a technique that requires dedication and discipline, Julius Shulman has perfected this art. Initially published in 1962, this was Shulman's first book, and he still... Read more »
Visiting European capitals - May 23, 2009, by bicska
if you would like to travel in Europe, this could be a nice idea for you: from London to Rome(London, Paris, Bern, Rome) in 20 days! A few tips: 1) with a group of 8, I would start working on accomodations... though you didn't say when... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Zurich reviews - Switzerland
Zurich is one of the richest cities in Europe and it is also very expensive so when you go, make sure you take plenty of money with you because you...
Visit Zurich with a lot of money
Cairo reviews - Egypt
Cairo, the largest city in Africa, is the capital of Egypt, has a population approximated at 15 million and covers an area of 453 square km. It is...
What to know about Cairo
Denia reviews - Spain
It's a normal Spanish city, that's lying close to the sea with soem nice hotels and inns, I wouls personally recommend inns, they are much more...
Visit the beach of Denia, Spain
Opatija reviews - Croatia
Located on the east coast of the Istrian peninsula, 150 km from Zagreb, below the mountain and Nature Park Učka and on the Kvarner bay coast,...
Opatija, the best place to go in Croatia
Biharugra reviews - Hungary
Today I visited very nice calm place in Hungary called Biharugra. Biharugra is a village in Békés County in the Southern Great Plain...
Short visit in Biharugra
Milan reviews - Italy
Milan, known for devotion to fashion and design, is the principle city of Northern Italy and a major economic force in Europe. The population of...
All you have to know about Milan
Cebu City reviews - Philippines
I was really dying for swimming in a blue, crystal clear water and white sand beach. I never had a chance to experience it where we currently live....
The best beach in Cebu
Anchorage reviews - Alaska
If you really like traveling you must watch this film! I really really recommend it to you! Into the Wild is a 2007 film based on the 1996...
Travels in Alaska, review of a great movie
Burnsville reviews - Minnesota
Burnsville is a nice little town near Minneapolis. I think it's a great place to live as a family, but not really a great place to visit, as there...
Short visit in Burnsville, MN
Fremont reviews - California
I had a trip Fremont, California so I looked up a Limo-Fremont Service. I saw http://www.elitelimousineinc.com/Fremont_limousines_company.htm and...
Limo Service for Fremont