Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Visitors from around the world are magnetized by the city’s magnificent architectural structure and rich history. Being a major financial capital and center of commerce, music, fashion trends, entertainment and music is what makes London an all-year tourist destination. In visiting London, you’ll see the world’s distinguished Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, British Airways London Eye and double-decker buses. Let’s try to have a glimpse of the City’s history to better understand what makes it so fascinating and interesting.... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
What to know about the Westminster Abbey - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Westminster Cathedral is the most famous, and beautiful old Gothic cathedral in London.For UK has a great spiritual value in it because here are buried most of the english kings and queens, heroes, poets and other famous people: Elizabeth I... Read more »
The attractions of London - Mar 7, 2008, by lindamura
Visit London. London, one of the world's greatest cities, offers a bountiful array of attractions and activities. For those intrigue with the royals, to the adventure seeker, to those who want to take in all the major museums and... Read more »
What to know about the Buckingham Palace - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Buckingham Palace was built in 1703 and was expanded in 1761, with a total of 600 rooms is the official residence of the British monarchy since 1837. Ever since Queen Victoria moved here brought the custom to fly the flag on the building as... Read more »
A short trip to London from Lille - Jun 28, 2009, by danpop
It was way back in 2007. I was a fellowship student in Lille, France, along with three other colleagues from Oradea, Romania: Ioana, Csilla and Daniel. One day, at the end of March I think, we heard about a really interesting offer for a... Read more »
Theatres and museums in London - Aug 29, 2009, by bicska
Well, it is my favorite city! It beautiful, it's exciting, it's busy also it can be very calm, with many huge parks in the middle of city. There are many fantastic theatres, where you really should go (tickets from 20 pounds, good places... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Munich reviews - Germany
Munich is really a vibrant city. You love it or you dont like it. I personally wouldn't want to live there, at least for a longer time. The...
What to do in Munich
Boulogne-sur-mer reviews - France
History Situated in northern France, in the district Pas-de-Calais, just 145 Km from Lille (by car), this “tres merveilleux” town is...
You must visit Pas-de-Calais
Nice reviews - France
Nice, France - Sights The city of Nice is as beautiful as its name and it houses many eponymous attractions.Promenade des Anglais The boulevards,...
The attractions of Nice
Agra reviews - India
The Taj Mahal is considered one of the 7 wonders of the world in 2007. It is located in Agra, India and was built between years 1630 and 1653 by...
Taj Mahal facts
Yala reviews - Sri Lanka
We are the Best tour operators in Sri Lanka who handling the budget tour & Holiday pakages. We are managing Sri...
Best Tour Operator in sri lanka
El Paso reviews - Texas
The region of El Paso, the sixth largest city in the state of Texas, USA and the chair of El Paso County, is situated at the western tip of Texas...
Why visit El Paso
Grand Canyon Village reviews - Arizona
We left Page at around 7am to be sure that we would be at the Grand Canyon early enough. The drive there takes you past some beautifuly landscapes....
Visiting the Grand Canyon
Santa Monica reviews - California
After 3 days of heavy eating and drinking, I finally had some time on my own to visit Venice. I cannot believe I couldn't make it out here earlier,...
Getting around in Venice Beach
Russian reviews - Venezuela
Planning to travel to St. Petersburg Russia? St. Petersburg is one of the top ten travel destinations on our planet and the most beautiful city in...
Jackson Hole reviews - Wyoming
Not further than 57 miles from Yellowstone National Park, Jakson Hole has found a way to become a successful resort town while managing to keep...
Ski and have fun in Jackson Hole, WY