Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
This 2,000-year old city was once a small Roman settlement on the banks of Thames. Many Paleolithic flints and Mesolithic axes were found by Archaeologists in various parts of London. Thames being a multicultural city of over seven million inhabitants is a result of the many invaders who came to the Thames. The Romans were the first group who established the first permanent settlement, a city they called Londinium, in 43 A.D. Londinium was soon burnt to the ground because of the uprisings led by Queen Boudicca in 60 or 61 A.D. London's position lead to more invasions. ... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
How to travel safely in London - Nov 24, 2009, by johnnybravo
Test Like a typical Americans, I like to go on frequent vacations and I expect that you too like traveling. If you want to take a vacation break, it doesn't actually mean that you're guaranteed with safety. But we should never disregard the... Read more »
Finding a good hotel deals in London get to know how easy... - Jun 14, 2012, by abhinavjains
If you are planning a trip to London it is best adviced to book a hotels in london in advance. There are many hotel options available online. But to get a best deal you need to serach alot. Here is a good website londonhotels4u.com which... Read more »
Traveling around in London - Sep 7, 2009, by Guinevere1988
London is one of the greatest cities of the world and not just in the "geographical" sense of the word. For the first time there I was very confused, but after the third visit I got used to the taste of the city. Before going I... Read more »
Photographing in London - May 29, 2009, by bicska
The Subject: The art of photgraphing architectural masterpieces is a technique that requires dedication and discipline, Julius Shulman has perfected this art. Initially published in 1962, this was Shulman's first book, and he still... Read more »
First impression about London - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
In April 2007, I visited London alongside my three colleagues I was with at a scholarship in Lille, a friend from the hostel where we stayed and a colleague from the university lab. Of course we were very excited about this trip and eager... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Strasbourg reviews - France
Strasbourg is one of the most prosperous cities in France. It's a beautiful city, diverse culture with stunning city center. It is renowned for...
Athens reviews - Greece
This was the second guided trip we chose. We had to be on the bus at 12:30 a.m. but even with this early start we reached Athens, the capital of...
My third trip in Athens
Szentendre reviews - Hungary
Our ship stopped near the old center of Szentendre. Of course here are the most of the souvenir shops of the town :) Many of the tourists stop here...
Relaxing in Szentendre
Monterrey reviews - Mexico
I arrived in Mexico yesterday. The trip was not much fun. I had slept only 2-3 hours before leaving Ravensburg and I had to drive to the airport...
My first day in Saltillo
Suncuius reviews - Romania
Sonkolyos is a recreation area on the banks of the river Crisul Repede. Offering rocks for climbing, a large place for tents, bathing possibilitiy...
Camping at Suncuius, Romania
Honolulu reviews - Hawaii
Hawaii is the ultimate golf vacation destination. It’s a combination of Hawaii's year-round summer climate, pampering world-class resorts,...
Hawaii for golf addicts
Kanab reviews - Utah
The same day we left from Bryce Canyon to drive all the way to Page, AZ. This is where Lake Powell is located. We really didn't have much time and...
Visiting the Coral Pink and Red Sand Dunes
Las Vegas reviews - Nevada
Population: 478,434 Major Airports: McCarran International Airport (LAS) When to Go: The summers are scorching hot, but this is one of the...
Getting around in Vegas
San Jose reviews - California
When you’re going to San Jose you should try hiring Elite Limousine as you transportation service. I've used San Jose Limo Service, on...
Want to experience San Jose Limo Services?
Steamboat Springs reviews - Colorado
Mostly known as Ski Town, U.S.A., Steamboat is a unique little town set 7,000 feet up in the Colorado Rockies, but it is one of North...
Steamboat, town in the Colorado Rockies