Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Even if London is one of the cities with most video surveillance cameras, watch out for your belongings in crowded places as that’s where pickpockets operate. Tourism is highly developed and you don’t have to wander about what to do or where to go first, from the moment you arrive you can get tons of information from the many free brochures you can pick right from the airport or from the tourist information centre. You’ll get to know everything from accommodation possibilities to great places visit, eat and relax.Attractions If we were to list all the attractions in London the list would be too long for you to follow so we... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
London,United Kingdom - Feb 4, 2015, by adam
London is the most multicultural city in Europe. The british Capital itself is outstanding. It is very big, cosmopolitan with rich history with a sizable economy. The english metropolis is known for it's too diverse architectural style,... Read more »
What to know about the Westminster Abbey - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Westminster Cathedral is the most famous, and beautiful old Gothic cathedral in London.For UK has a great spiritual value in it because here are buried most of the english kings and queens, heroes, poets and other famous people: Elizabeth I... Read more »
Traveling around in London - Sep 7, 2009, by Guinevere1988
London is one of the greatest cities of the world and not just in the "geographical" sense of the word. For the first time there I was very confused, but after the third visit I got used to the taste of the city. Before going I... Read more »
A short trip to London from Lille - Jun 28, 2009, by danpop
It was way back in 2007. I was a fellowship student in Lille, France, along with three other colleagues from Oradea, Romania: Ioana, Csilla and Daniel. One day, at the end of March I think, we heard about a really interesting offer for a... Read more »
London is the best place to visit - Aug 30, 2009, by bicska
I am sure I am not alone with the feeling that London is the best city ever and anywhere... Well I really love that capital city and only because I spent there one of the best weeks in my life, but because that city is alive and you can... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Dubai reviews - United Arab Emirates
This was an interesting trip. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was certainly surprised. I think that most people living in the Western World...
A Few Days Vacation in Dubai
Fussen reviews - Germany
I don't know who wrote the stuff above, but I'd like to make some corrections, no offense to anyone. :) The Roman name of the Town was 'Foetes'...
What to know about Fussen
Avignon reviews - France
Aix is a nice french city, you can visit, if you're in the area. It's known for the palace of the french popes in the center. There are nice...
Aix is a must see in Provence
Gythion reviews - Greece
If you're in the south of Greece and you want to go somewhere by bus, go to Gythion. There's a bus mainstation, from where you can reach all...
What to do in Gythion
Levanto reviews - Italy
This is a nice place, great for everybody who wants to have some beach break and also nature you can walk through. Here the so called 'cinque...
Great beaches at Levanto
Krabi reviews - Thailand
Today was great, we finally went to some of the most awesome islands and beaches Thailand has to offer. We booked a boat trip with about 15 other...
The best beaches and islands of Thailand
Boston reviews - Massachusetts
Boston is not just famous for Red Sox! If you decide to visit this meticulous capital then you will be surprised to know more. If you want to go...
Discover Boston's attractions
Indianapolis reviews - Indiana
Indianapolis is a capital that provides an extensive range of entertainment to guests. It’s the bureaucrat recreational games capital of the...
On vacation in Indianapolis
Pismo Beach reviews - California
We started driving down towards the Paucific Number 1 way too late, but we still had enough time to see the beautiful coast line. It really is very...
Roadtrip on Pacific Number 1
San Francisco reviews - California
One of the greatest attractions as regards the San Francisco is you can go to the museum in the morning as well as on the hill during daytime....
Don't miss it while in San Fransisco