Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
With its exciting mixture of tradition and contemporariness London has something to offer everyone. London’s ancient heritage ensures that there are many historical hotspots in the city that offer a wealth of cultural richness but the city is also one of the most developed and modernized places in the world offering a truly international multiculturalism that will delight aficionados of popular culture. Some of the must see locations in this charismatic city include no less than four World Heritage Sites: Westminster Palace and Westminster Abbey along with St. Margaret's Church; the historical hotspot of the Tower of London; the... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
How to travel safely in London - Nov 24, 2009, by johnnybravo
Test Like a typical Americans, I like to go on frequent vacations and I expect that you too like traveling. If you want to take a vacation break, it doesn't actually mean that you're guaranteed with safety. But we should never disregard the... Read more »
London is the best place to visit - Aug 30, 2009, by bicska
I am sure I am not alone with the feeling that London is the best city ever and anywhere... Well I really love that capital city and only because I spent there one of the best weeks in my life, but because that city is alive and you can... Read more »
What to know about the Westminster Abbey - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Westminster Cathedral is the most famous, and beautiful old Gothic cathedral in London.For UK has a great spiritual value in it because here are buried most of the english kings and queens, heroes, poets and other famous people: Elizabeth I... Read more »
Photographing in London - May 29, 2009, by bicska
The Subject: The art of photgraphing architectural masterpieces is a technique that requires dedication and discipline, Julius Shulman has perfected this art. Initially published in 1962, this was Shulman's first book, and he still... Read more »
The Second Day of my London vacation - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
After we woke and I had to stay in line to brush my teeth, because we only had one sink and there were 13 of us, we brought in a hurry something to eat for that day, and we went to see the ceremony of Changing the Guard at the Buckingham... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Waldburg reviews - Germany
On a steep, conical hill, the highest point of Oberschwaben (772 m above sea-level) the Waldburg rises. It was the ancestral castle of the lineage...
What to see in Waldburg
Blesle reviews - France
Blesle is a small village in Haute-Loire department, Auvergne region, central France. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and...
What to see in Blesle
Argos reviews - Greece
If you're interested in ancient greek history, you should visit the ancient city of Argos. The city got it's name after the giant who had a...
A trip to the Ancient Argos
Mikinai reviews - Greece
If you're near to Mykene, you should really go there. It's a well preserved antique Greek city, digged out by the german Heinrich Schliemann in the...
Daytrip to the ancient Mykene
Valletta reviews - Malta
I wouldn't recommend Palazzetto Citta, I went there for my honeymoon and was very dissapointed by the lack of privacy, also I have the following...
Bad experiences in Valletta, Malta
The Hague reviews - Netherlands
The Hague, is the political capital of the Netherlands and because of it's status, the city is highly developed in every aspect. It is affluent...
The Hague, the netherlands
Muang Krabi reviews - Thailand
We got up early morning and headed out to the airport. The airline which even I didn’t know “One Two Go” was pretty good and...
Adventures in Ao Nang
Philadelphia reviews - Pennsylvania
The historical town of Philadelphia is a famous place where you can visit the most ancient but affluent sites. For those looking for comfortable...
One night in Philadelphia
Provincetown reviews - Massachusetts
Not for the average bear! Provincetown which can be found at http://www.provincetown.com is a beautiful little town at the far end of Cape Cod in...
Attractions in Provincetown
Yosemite Lakes Park reviews - California
Zion national parkFacts * Mukuntuweap National Monument was established in 1909; * This resulted in 1918 in Zion National...
The fabulous Yosemite Park