Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
There is no perfect time to explore and unravel all of London, but during the night, you will surely have the grandest time and will even consider extending your stay at this grand city. One excellent time to find more of London is during the night. Visit nearby cities, historical sites and enjoy sightseeing at night. Evenings are so much livelier in London. Those who would want complete relaxation and fun outside the busy streets may want to spend their evening via a showboat ride and dinner cruise on the River Thames. Enjoy listening to live music on board the showboat while having a sumptuous meal with your partner, friends or... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
First impression about London - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
In April 2007, I visited London alongside my three colleagues I was with at a scholarship in Lille, a friend from the hostel where we stayed and a colleague from the university lab. Of course we were very excited about this trip and eager... Read more »
What to know about the Buckingham Palace - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Buckingham Palace was built in 1703 and was expanded in 1761, with a total of 600 rooms is the official residence of the British monarchy since 1837. Ever since Queen Victoria moved here brought the custom to fly the flag on the building as... Read more »
A short trip to London from Lille - Jun 28, 2009, by danpop
It was way back in 2007. I was a fellowship student in Lille, France, along with three other colleagues from Oradea, Romania: Ioana, Csilla and Daniel. One day, at the end of March I think, we heard about a really interesting offer for a... Read more »
Finding a good hotel deals in London get to know how easy... - Jun 14, 2012, by abhinavjains
If you are planning a trip to London it is best adviced to book a hotels in london in advance. There are many hotel options available online. But to get a best deal you need to serach alot. Here is a good website londonhotels4u.com which... Read more »
How to travel safely in London - Nov 24, 2009, by johnnybravo
Test Like a typical Americans, I like to go on frequent vacations and I expect that you too like traveling. If you want to take a vacation break, it doesn't actually mean that you're guaranteed with safety. But we should never disregard the... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Berlin reviews - Germany
Population: Aprox. 80Mio Major Airports: Franfurt (FRA), Munich (MUC), Berlin (BER, BML, TXL), Hamburg (HAM). When to Go: Typically the months...
What to do in Germany
Madrid reviews - Spain
The gallery above is from April 2008, during my trip through Spain. I ended up in Madrid for a couple of days, visiting some friends, without any...
A visit to Santiago Bernabeu stadium
Nafplion reviews - Greece
The City itself isn't really nice, a typical tourist town. It has got a fort from the 17th century that's nice to watch and take photos. If...
Break at Nafplion
New Delhi reviews - India
New Delhi is the capital of India, being built and designed specifically for the purpose of becoming the capital. He received this name since the...
About New Delhi for visitors
Castellammare Di Stabia reviews - Italy
If you are at Stabia, you should really visit all the ancient roman villas around. Walls are preserved even to a heigth more than 3 meters. At some...
Roman villas in Stabia
Azuga reviews - Romania
The Azuga resort is located on the Prahova Valley at the foot of the Bucegi Montains, at 4 km distance from Busteni, at 6 km distance from Predeal...
Winter sports in Azuga, Romania
Bucea reviews - Romania
Hi friends, this article is about the Lake Dragan just about 120 km from Oradea. My colleges from the company and me decided to visit this lake...
A trip to Lake Dragan
Al Munastir reviews - Tunisia
The city didnt have much to show than the medieval coast fort. You have a good view from the towers over the coast and the harbour. You can take...
One day in El Munastir
New Orleans reviews - Louisiana
New Orleans Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville as well as his team researched the extraordinary natural higher floor with the flood-level stores of...
Shortly about New Orleans
Hintertux reviews - Austria
Hintertux is the name of a glacier situated 3476 m above sea level in the Zillertal valley of Tyrol and the little village at its foot. The great...
My favorite Austrian ski resort