Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
This 2,000-year old city was once a small Roman settlement on the banks of Thames. Many Paleolithic flints and Mesolithic axes were found by Archaeologists in various parts of London. Thames being a multicultural city of over seven million inhabitants is a result of the many invaders who came to the Thames. The Romans were the first group who established the first permanent settlement, a city they called Londinium, in 43 A.D. Londinium was soon burnt to the ground because of the uprisings led by Queen Boudicca in 60 or 61 A.D. London's position lead to more invasions. ... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
Visiting European capitals - May 23, 2009, by bicska
if you would like to travel in Europe, this could be a nice idea for you: from London to Rome(London, Paris, Bern, Rome) in 20 days! A few tips: 1) with a group of 8, I would start working on accomodations... though you didn't say when... Read more »
How to travel safely in London - Nov 24, 2009, by johnnybravo
Test Like a typical Americans, I like to go on frequent vacations and I expect that you too like traveling. If you want to take a vacation break, it doesn't actually mean that you're guaranteed with safety. But we should never disregard the... Read more »
The Second Day of my London vacation - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
After we woke and I had to stay in line to brush my teeth, because we only had one sink and there were 13 of us, we brought in a hurry something to eat for that day, and we went to see the ceremony of Changing the Guard at the Buckingham... Read more »
London,United Kingdom - Feb 4, 2015, by adam
London is the most multicultural city in Europe. The british Capital itself is outstanding. It is very big, cosmopolitan with rich history with a sizable economy. The english metropolis is known for it's too diverse architectural style,... Read more »
What to do in London - Feb 22, 2006, by travelgrove-editor
London, one of the world's greatest cities, offers a bountiful array of attractions and activities. For those intrigue with the royals, to the adventure seeker, to those who want to take in all the major museums and attractions this city... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Kingston reviews - Ontario
Located 3 hours from Toronto and easily reachable on the scenic Route 2 if you want to drive there, Kingston is a city that offers a beautiful...
Things to know about Kingston, Ontario
Tongli reviews - China
Located in Jiangsu province, the Tongli ancient town is surrounded by waters in four sides, which is 80 kilometers east to Shanghai Hongqiao...
Visiting Tongli Ancient Water Town
Erding reviews - Germany
This was our yearly trip with my buddies from Highschool. We had a ton of fun. The first day we drove off too see our home town team Ravensburg...
A visit at Erdinger Brauerei
Kaiafa reviews - Greece
Nice pause during our trip. The place was made up of only of 3 houses, a small railwaystation with a little restaurant, I guess you could call it...
Beach brake at Kaiafa
Kalambaka reviews - Greece
Near the city of Kalambaka lie those big monasteries carved into the rocks, called Meteoras. It's a wonderful pace, the landscape is amazing, there...
Visiting Meteoras in Greece
Naples reviews - Italy
Naples itself isn't a very beautiful city, in my oppinion. In its outskirts often look spoiled and dirty. The city center looks better, but cant...
A weekend in Naples
Rosarito reviews - Mexico
Well, if you are up for some cheap fun South of the border, go to Rosarito. I never really liked the place though, it's dirty and dangerous a...
Visiting Rosarito in Mexico
Hunedoara reviews - Romania
In our way to Sibiu we remembered that Hunedoara is well-known because it has a castle built in the 13th century so we decided to stop in this city...
The Medieval Castle of Hunedoara
Hammamet reviews - Tunisia
At the end of the trip we were very pleased to have "survived" the journey, that really dissillusioned us, concerning the country and the...
Bazaar adventures in Hammamet
San Diego reviews - California
In the past, just the Kumeyaay people colonized the small city, which is currently recognized as San Diego. This city is now famous for being the...
And so it bacame San Diego...