Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Christianity, which was introduced by the Romans, shaped so much of London’s history. In fact, the first St. Paul’s Cathedral was built in 604 A.D. in London. King Edward the Confessor moved his court to Westminster Abbey, thus enhancing the city’s importance. King William was crowned in Westminster Abbey in 1066. He made the Tower of London which he used as his home and fortress. London Bridge, made of stone, was built in 1476. Medieval London was so brutal because of the Black Plague or the Black Death. It appeared in 1348, and repeated its outbreak in 1665. Not all of London’s mishaps lead futile. The Great Fire of... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
Big Ben, a must see in London - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Big Ben is the largest four-dial clock in the world. The bell inside is 13.5 tons, and the clock with the four dials has a diameter of 7 meters. The name of Big Ben comes from Benjamin Hall, the man who commissioned its installation. Big... Read more »
Photographing in London - May 29, 2009, by bicska
The Subject: The art of photgraphing architectural masterpieces is a technique that requires dedication and discipline, Julius Shulman has perfected this art. Initially published in 1962, this was Shulman's first book, and he still... Read more »
What to do in London - Feb 22, 2006, by travelgrove-editor
London, one of the world's greatest cities, offers a bountiful array of attractions and activities. For those intrigue with the royals, to the adventure seeker, to those who want to take in all the major museums and attractions this city... Read more »
What to know about the Westminster Abbey - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Westminster Cathedral is the most famous, and beautiful old Gothic cathedral in London.For UK has a great spiritual value in it because here are buried most of the english kings and queens, heroes, poets and other famous people: Elizabeth I... Read more »
London,United Kingdom - Feb 4, 2015, by adam
London is the most multicultural city in Europe. The british Capital itself is outstanding. It is very big, cosmopolitan with rich history with a sizable economy. The english metropolis is known for it's too diverse architectural style,... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Regensburg reviews - Germany
Because the city suffered little damage in World War 2 unlike many other german locations, the town was added to the UNESCO world heritage site,...
Cairo reviews - Egypt
Cairo, the largest city in Africa, is the capital of Egypt, has a population approximated at 15 million and covers an area of 453 square km. It is...
What to know about Cairo
Herakleion reviews - Greece
The big capital city, touristically overcrowded and offering mostly the typical tourist shops, selling all the rubish you know from other cities....
Heracleion was a great disappointment
Litochoro reviews - Greece
For this trip we rented a motorbike. In Greece you don't need a specific driving licence for driving these scooters (it's not a real motorbike -...
Climbing Mount Olymp with motorbike
Nafplion reviews - Greece
The starting and central point of our vacation was Nafplion. Our trips to Argos and Mykene were only daytrips, we always came back. We usually want...
Vacation in Nafplion
Debrecen reviews - Hungary
On a Sunday we decided to visit the Zoo in Debrecen with some friends and colleagues from the university. We had a GPS so we found the Zoo easily....
A trip to the Debrecen Zoo
Szeged reviews - Hungary
Szeged is the capital of Csongrad County near the Hungarian border, on the Great Plain and it is the fourth largest city of the country. The...
Nice little city in southern Hungary
Paruzzaro reviews - Italy
Bangladesh Expeditions located at Paris, Rome & London is a leading tour operator in Bangladesh based at Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel. We have...
Great tour to Bangladesh
Haarlem reviews - Netherlands
Haarlem is a small town, situated near Amsterdam about 20 km from the Dutch capital. It is know for it's rich history, beautiful architecture...
Bucea reviews - Romania
Hi friends, this article is about the Lake Dragan just about 120 km from Oradea. My colleges from the company and me decided to visit this lake...
A trip to Lake Dragan