Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
With its exciting mixture of tradition and contemporariness London has something to offer everyone. London’s ancient heritage ensures that there are many historical hotspots in the city that offer a wealth of cultural richness but the city is also one of the most developed and modernized places in the world offering a truly international multiculturalism that will delight aficionados of popular culture. Some of the must see locations in this charismatic city include no less than four World Heritage Sites: Westminster Palace and Westminster Abbey along with St. Margaret's Church; the historical hotspot of the Tower of London; the... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
Visiting European capitals - May 23, 2009, by bicska
if you would like to travel in Europe, this could be a nice idea for you: from London to Rome(London, Paris, Bern, Rome) in 20 days! A few tips: 1) with a group of 8, I would start working on accomodations... though you didn't say when... Read more »
What to know about the Buckingham Palace - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Buckingham Palace was built in 1703 and was expanded in 1761, with a total of 600 rooms is the official residence of the British monarchy since 1837. Ever since Queen Victoria moved here brought the custom to fly the flag on the building as... Read more »
How to travel safely in London - Nov 24, 2009, by johnnybravo
Test Like a typical Americans, I like to go on frequent vacations and I expect that you too like traveling. If you want to take a vacation break, it doesn't actually mean that you're guaranteed with safety. But we should never disregard the... Read more »
First impression about London - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
In April 2007, I visited London alongside my three colleagues I was with at a scholarship in Lille, a friend from the hostel where we stayed and a colleague from the university lab. Of course we were very excited about this trip and eager... Read more »
London,United Kingdom - Feb 4, 2015, by adam
London is the most multicultural city in Europe. The british Capital itself is outstanding. It is very big, cosmopolitan with rich history with a sizable economy. The english metropolis is known for it's too diverse architectural style,... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Prague reviews - Czech Republic
The Czech Republic is just like a Fairy tale, it's lovely scenery makes the country a noteworthy destination. The country is in the heart of...
The Czech Republic
Potsdam reviews - Germany
Potsdam is the capital city of the German Federal State Brandenburg, about 25 km south from the center of Berlin on the river Havel so it is...
All about Potsdam and the Sanssouci
Waldburg reviews - Germany
On a steep, conical hill, the highest point of Oberschwaben (772 m above sea-level) the Waldburg rises. It was the ancestral castle of the lineage...
What to see in Waldburg
Thira reviews - Greece
It is a fabulous volcanic island with an antique minoan city. Some people think Santorini is the home of the lost city of Atlantis... The quite...
What to see in Santorini
Biharugra reviews - Hungary
Today I visited very nice calm place in Hungary called Biharugra. Biharugra is a village in Békés County in the Southern Great Plain...
Short visit in Biharugra
Back Salina reviews - Turks And Caicos Islands
Located 30 miles south of the Bahamas, the island is one of the many islands from the British Crown Colony that numbers 40 islands. It is the most...
The fabulous Grand Turk Island
El Djem reviews - Tunisia
This city would not be worth a visit if there wasnt the famous amphitheatre of El Djem there. Very well preserved, it's worth to take a look and a...
The attractions of El Djem
Balboa Island reviews - California
Balboa is a tiny peninsula down in the heart of Southern California. All the old timers from So Cal live down there, mainly because it's so...
Welcome to Balboa, CA
Fremont reviews - California
I had a trip Fremont, California so I looked up a Limo-Fremont Service. I saw http://www.elitelimousineinc.com/Fremont_limousines_company.htm and...
Limo Service for Fremont
Grand Canyon Village reviews - Arizona
We left Page at around 7am to be sure that we would be at the Grand Canyon early enough. The drive there takes you past some beautifuly landscapes....
Visiting the Grand Canyon