Top things to do in London, United Kingdom
Reviews > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Top things to do in London
Top things to do in London
London is a city where you can not bother, so try to visit as many things as you can and have fun.
1. Buckingham Palace: Today is the official Residence of the queen with 775 rooms. Buckingham Palace is a symbol and also a house of british monarchy, an art gallery and a tourist attraction.
2. Palace of Westminster: Houses of Parlament is the place where are the two chambers of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: House of Lords and the House of Commons. He is flanked by two high towers about one hundred meters, Victoria Tower and the famous Clock Tower, Big Ben.
3. Tower Bridge: Tower Bridge is the highest of the bridges of London. The emblem of London, with the two identical towers, which was built between 1886 and 1894,has become a tourist attraction with spectacular exhibition galleries.
4. London Eye: One of the highest structures of the city and the largest observation wheel in the world named "The London Eye is situated on the south coast of the Thames and offers a wonderful landscape of the capital. Ticket price - 25 pounds (32 euro).
5.Warwick Castle: Warwick Castle was the residence for the most powerful English families and is the most beautiful medieval castle of England. It is the ideal place to spend a relaxing day with your family.
6. Westminster Abbey: It is the oldest and most famous cathedrals of London. Ticket Price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
7. The Big Ben: It is one of the best known monuments in the world and recently has reached 150 years old.
9. St Paul's Cathedral: Cathedral of Saint Paul is an Anglican cathedral located on Ludgate hill, London, England. This is also the seat of the Episcopal bishop of London.Entry price – 10 pounds (12.6 euro).
10. St. James Park & The Green Park
11.Museums: * Museum of London
* British Museum
* Science Museum
* Natural History Museum
* Madame Tussaud’s Museum(Entry Price – 22.5 pounds (29 euro)).
12.Art Galleries: * Tate Modern
* Tate Britain
* National Portrait Gallery
* National Gallery
* The Wallace Collection
13. London Aquarium
Things about London you may be interested in
1. Dec 6, 2008 Top things to do in London (London) ( 10)
Start from beginning | 1 - 1 Journal overview
Read about London in our travel-guide
The third day of my London tripLondon is the best place to visit
Recommended London Guide
Home of kings and queens, a place of dreams and opulence, London is one of the biggest destinations in Europe. It has everything you would expect in a big metropolis and more. It has amazing architecture, great museums and attractions, beautiful gardens and open spaces, excellent shops, vibrant nightlife and a posh atmosphere. It is original and you can’t compare it with anything else.Getting around London has the most evolved and comprehensive transport system in Europe and your visit will be a piece of cake. You can get anywhere you want fast and comfortable no matter what you choose. even if during high season it gets a bit crowded... Read more »
Recent reviews for London
London is the best place to visit - Aug 30, 2009, by bicska
I am sure I am not alone with the feeling that London is the best city ever and anywhere... Well I really love that capital city and only because I spent there one of the best weeks in my life, but because that city is alive and you can... Read more »
What to know about the Westminster Abbey - Apr 30, 2009, by cipristb
Westminster Cathedral is the most famous, and beautiful old Gothic cathedral in London.For UK has a great spiritual value in it because here are buried most of the english kings and queens, heroes, poets and other famous people: Elizabeth I... Read more »
A short trip to London from Lille - Jun 28, 2009, by danpop
It was way back in 2007. I was a fellowship student in Lille, France, along with three other colleagues from Oradea, Romania: Ioana, Csilla and Daniel. One day, at the end of March I think, we heard about a really interesting offer for a... Read more »
Photographing in London - May 29, 2009, by bicska
The Subject: The art of photgraphing architectural masterpieces is a technique that requires dedication and discipline, Julius Shulman has perfected this art. Initially published in 1962, this was Shulman's first book, and he still... Read more »
The Second Day of my London vacation - Jun 29, 2009, by danpop
After we woke and I had to stay in line to brush my teeth, because we only had one sink and there were 13 of us, we brought in a hurry something to eat for that day, and we went to see the ceremony of Changing the Guard at the Buckingham... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Foz Do Iguacu reviews - Brazil
We are finalist. Please let's make the Iguassu Falls one of the NEW 7 WONDERS of NATURE. We already got the twenty eight finalist position. But...
You must see the Iguassu Falls
Koln reviews - Germany
Wo liegt Köln? Köln liegt in Rheinland Pfalz am Rhein, ein großer Fluss. Köln ist die viertgrößte Stadt in...
Warum besuchen Köln
Regensburg reviews - Germany
For me Regensburg was an interesting city. It's good to reach, whether by train or car and within the inner city you dont need to walk long to get...
Larisa reviews - Greece
We rented a motobike in Paralia and climbed the big Olymp Mountain, we wanted to visit the gods of olymp, but they weren't at home.:D Anyway, it...
Special trip to Mount Olymp
Naples reviews - Italy
Naples itself isn't a very beautiful city, in my oppinion. In its outskirts often look spoiled and dirty. The city center looks better, but cant...
A weekend in Naples
Ostia Antica reviews - Italy
Ostia, the place where the romans got ot take a bath. I wouldnt do so, because the beach there is mostly overcrowded and spoiled. I would rather...
The ancient ruins of Ostia Antica
Montego Bay reviews - Jamaica
Please stay away from Sol de Caribbean Villa in Montego Bay, Jamaica. All our party got food poisoning at villa. The tv, fridge, air conditioner,...
Villa Sol de Caribbean
Taipei reviews - Taiwan
In Taipei, you'll find Almond Milk everywhere as well as Soy Milk. For Vegans and those who are lactose intolerant, you'll love Taipei! Ofcourse...
What to drink in Taipei
Santa Barbara reviews - California
Santa Barbara, which is a halfway point between San Francisco and Los Angeles is easily the most gorgeous and I've ever been to by far....
Radstadt reviews - Austria
Forstau is a small skiing resort located 6 km from Radstadt, Austria. The Slopes are on the Tauern mountains, the highest in Austria. The best way...
Skiing and snowboard in Forstau