Top ten amazing destinations to visit Kerala
(from: Jul 13, 2012 to: Jul 13, 2012)
Kerala-the “God’s own country” typically defines the oodles of serenity and a surplus of bliss all in all crusted with sheer natural beauty. Known for the best backwater land, Kerala is located on the Malabar coast of South West India. Spreading across an area of 38,863 km² the land of the coastal areas and starched palms offers different vacationing options for many tourists thronging at India for South India tour.
With Kerala tour a vacationer can surely be blessed with the real essence of nature’s beauty and tranquility. Since this land showcases greenery and incredible natural landscapes, the name “Keralam” comes natural to it. The natives have given this name which is being derived from the Sanskrit word, Kera- means coconut and the Dravidian name “Alam”, that signifies land or place due to the abundance of the coconut trees here.
Kerala tours let you experience the real paradise in India and people once visiting this place take never ending glorious memories along with them. There are many destinations and incredible places to visit in Kerala. We have assembled top 10 great places to visit in India to make your Kerala tour more interesting and amazing:
1) The Backwaters – Wherever and however you choose to explore the backwaters, this emerald watery paradise is a definite highlight of Kerala for amazing water activities.
2) Fort Cochin – The oldest part of this seaside city is more laid-back than other Indian cities and features Portuguese and Dutch colonial architecture, art galleries, churches, spice markets and the famous Chinese Fishing Nets.
3) Munnar – It is a beautiful, tranquil hill station with a cool climate offering plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and visits to tea plantations.
4) Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary – the most famous wild reserve and a fantastic place to take a boat, jeep or hiking trips to visit elephants, monkeys and even the elusive tiger.
5) Kollam – It is a small market town which may be not an obvious attraction, but it is the southern gateway to the backwaters, and a quieter alternative to Alleppey for organizing houseboat and canoe trips. A tourist can enjoy the attractive and authentically Indian feel of the town.
6) Varkala – A gorgeous beach below the rocky cliffs which is lined with chilled out cafes. It is the perfect place to watch the spectacular sunsets and to enjoy different water activities.
7) Kumarakom – A famous bird sanctuary near Kottayam where you can walk or take a boat ride to spot cormorants, herons, egrets and storks.
8) Thrissur – A religious and cultural center featuring one of the largest temples in Kerala.
9) Kozhikode – This historic town is the gateway to the quieter beaches and backwaters of Northern Kerala, with temples and museums to visit too.
10) Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary – This sanctuary is a quieter alternative to Periyar as a great place to spot elephants in the wild. It can also be distinguished as a quiet alternative to Munnar to highlight Kerala as a more peaceful hill station retreat.
For more information visit-
No entries have been added yet.
e-mail this story
Post to stumbleupon, delicious, digg, technorati and more...