Delhi Tour- An Exhaustive, Illuminating
(from: Aug 29, 2012 to: Aug 29, 2015)
With the growing prominence of India in the world, almost everyone knows about Delhi, it is the national capital. Before travellers know anything about India, they tend to gather information of trip to Delhi which is a part of northern India. This information becomes the key to a memorable time in India because people from almost every Indian state can be spotted here and they are bound to extend their cultural influence to others as well, unconsciously. Towering shopping malls, world class brands, classic markets, historical monuments and versatile cuisine with essence of every state of this country are some of the major things one can enjoy on Delhi tour. Moreover, your trip is made quite convenient by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
Look in at following to enjoy in Delhi as much as is possible in the time you have:
Delhi has developed its tourism quite a lot in the recent years to boost its presence. The options you have include in Delhi tour:
1. Akshardham Temple with its unmatched artistic beauty of stone carving
2. Old Delhi- With the charm of old times when there were no multi-apartment buildings, it would take you to Jama Masjid, touring it and viewing Delhi from its minaret could be a real fun.
3. India Gate- An army memorial site, it's also used as a picnic spot for families and friends, hence, a lot of hustle-bustle.
4. Rajghat- It is a memorial to “Father of the Nation”, Mahatma Gandhi.
5. Rashtrapati Bhawan- Seen from the drive, it is a remarkable house meant for the President of India.
FORTS AND MONUMENTS
1. Qutub Minar- Initiated by Qutubuddin Aibek of Slave dynasty, Qutub Minar is located in south Delhi. Nearby it you will find an Iron pillar of metallurgical interest.
2. Red Fort- Constructed by Shah Jahan of Mughal Empire, this fort is made of red sandstone and hence given the name. On 15 august, the independence day of India is celebrated here by hosting of National Flag by Prime Minister of India.
3. Isa Khan's Tomb- located near Humayun’s Tomb, it is known for having the earliest example of sunken gardens
4. Jantar Mantar- A place meant for astrological calculation, it is very interesting to see the logic in this field.
5. Old Fort- Founded by Humayun, this fort has interesting historical facts to muse.
6. Safdarjung Tomb- Built in 1754, it is a garden tomb of Safdarjung a powerful prime minister of a weak emperor.
AMUSEMENT PARK & GARDENS
1. Fun 'N' Food Village- Getting a day full of historical awareness and sightseeing can be exhausting. So, get exhausted with fun and thrilling activities here.
2. Lodi Garden- A picnic spot to be enjoyed more on a winter day.
3. Mughal Garden- Opened only once a year, this garden is a popular tourist attraction for the tourists in winters for the wide range of flower on display.
4. National Zoological Park- Interesting place for a family to be there making acquaintance to wildlife.
DELHI SHOPPING PLACES
1. Ansal Plaza- a huge space thriving with multiplex goers and shoppers, an all-time favourite of young delhites.
2. Chandni Chowk- Market for popular hand work on garments by skilled professionals.
3. Connaught Place- A very thriving market where roadside vendors coexist with multinational brands
4. Sarojini Nagar, Lajpat Nagar and Janpath- markets with heavy traffic of regular shoppers of garment and other articles of requirement.
For more detail visit:
No entries have been added yet.
e-mail this story
Post to stumbleupon, delicious, digg, technorati and more...